69 第十 カローラ (Ke10 Corolla)

Jono.C

I've got a full set of 13x7 -25 Widened Datsun 1200 ute wheels to go on it.

I can't put them on until my front suspension goes in and i change the axles though as they're a different stud pattern.

Also they're going to be sandblasted and powdercoated in a new colour combo that should look pretty rad and wrapped in new tires before they're put on

Members dont see this ad

But gas should be fine for now, I might even swap these springs over for something else yet, Not sure until i get it together and see how it feels

This was discussed when I ordered them. They believe it will be fine, until your wanting adjustables.

Seems to be a much better option than ke20 inserts. Keen to see how it works, as I might look into a similar shock when I do mine.

Few of you already know but.. Update!

I've half finished the manifold. Just need some tubing to connect it to the carbs and to make a bracket from the rocker cover to support them. But wew!

They're a cable choke as well which is cool as hopefully they'll be alright in cold weather.

70aafd6ae11711e19d0222000a1c05f4_7.jpg

Mr2 Rear shocks on their way thanks to Stu!! (Kickn5k) Cheers heaps dude!

So now..

Shorten struts and fit mr2 shocks

Weld on sleeve kit

Shorten shock stroke length and machine top hats

Weld cambertops solid

Make brackets to fit T18 brakes and calipers + Wheelbearings/ Pads/ Brake hoses

Sandblast and powdercoat wheels + fitting of new tires

$$$ but worth it i guess.

Shortly to be followed by a whiteline swaybar, strut brace and i'll have a mate make me up some 25mm rca's to fit ke10 struts

Edited by Jono.C

70aafd6ae11711e19d0222000a1c05f4_7.jpg

Wow! More pics of these please.

I'm very interested to see how your suspension setup goes together, I've heard rumours of AW11 rear dampers fitting KE struts but never actually seen it done.

Are KE1* struts 48mm? Do you know the dimensions of the AW11 dampers?

I'll get some more pics tomorrow!

Yep ke10 are 48, my calipers showed 47.7

I don't as yet but they should turn up very soon, did you want any specifically?

I'm shortening my struts to fit them but you could put a spacer in to retain stock strut castings..

The problem i have is i'm going pretty low compared to stock struts, so i need to get the shocks and cut through the chrome actual rod of the shock and shorten it and re-do the top and thread much shorter to hold it captive and retain travel

Yep ke10 are 48, my calipers showed 47.7

I don't as yet but they should turn up very soon, did you want any specifically?

Yeah they are 47.7 O.D.(not sure on I.D. as I've never had a 1X strut apart) From memory the MR2 insert was 41 or 42mm diameter.

I can get a body length measurement if needed?

Will have to be tomorrow though.

6k will still be jawbreaking, the chassis and tires will do most of the flexing haha. I still have a touch of body roll with 6k in the front, 19mm sway bar, 3tc, and stiffened rear leaves. I couldn't imagine going heavier with a K motor.

Edited by CanadianKE17

I'm going 22mm swaybar in the front as well.. The whole thing will be stitch welded when i pull the motor out

Also found some photo's of the bike carbs.. Was when i was playing with the fisheye so they're a bit sketch but i'm sure they'll suffice..

As you can see the manifold isn't finished yet but. I still need some tube to connect the carbs and then make a bracket to the rocker cover.

IMAG0683.jpg

IMAG0685.jpg

IMAG0689.jpg

IMAG0691.jpg

IMAG0693.jpg

AW11 Rear Gas Shocks rocked up! Big thanks to Stu (Kickn5k) for getting them for me, Big ups to you man!

They're pretty farking short! Ideal.

So now i just need to shorten my strut casings to put them in. Will get an overall measurement tomorrow.

IMAG0757.jpg