Is My Ke70 Worth Anything

mcriver

hello just wanted to know if my ke70 was worth anything,

near showroom cond. sat in garage for most of its life ,

I'm the 2nd owner got it off my nan engine only has 25 000km on it, has all logbook and service history

everything stock, no rust no damage

if someone could help me thanks

will put pic up if anyone is interested

Edited by mcriver

Members dont see this ad

No, If you don't know what it's worth then it won't sell for much. Just another 70 drift car to be.

What it's worth to you and what it's worth to some dude down the road are two different things...

My KE70 is worth more than any car to me right now, I wouldn't trade it for the world and I don't see myself selling it until I'm an old man but to others...All it's good for is a rustbucket track car to re shell their running gear with. Just keep it.

Hi Mick and welcome.

If you can, please put up some pictures as it does help fellow members gauge a *rough valuation* of your car. I understand sentimental value can come in but as Jono said it

doesent really have an effect on the cars value. While some ke70s are purely bought as

track hacks there are the odd few which arent.

As I said, if you have photos of the car which back up your description I can't see why it wouldnt fetch well above the average. In most cases if people want a track hack they wont pay $4000+ for an example like yours. At the end of the day you have the option to say no to offers if you arent happy.

I just mean that If you don't know what it's monetary value is for yourself, then you're in a decent position to get bent over by someone.

Sentimental value is another thing, yes. But If I were offered 4000 dollars for mine I still wouldn't take it because of the car's value to me personally.

It sounds like a legit car and would probably sell for a decent amount of cash considering it's a KE70 but I say just keep it man...My nan had an AE92 spirit, when she stopped driving a manual, she gave the car to my brother and I hope he never sells it. I told him that if he ever wants to, then to hit me up because I'll keep that puppy in the family and make a worthy car out of it someday. Only had like 80/85xxx k's on it. Still only got just over 100xxx on it now.

If you REALLY want to sell your car, sell it to me ;) :P

its the same old thing though.

Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

That applies to everything on earth, from ke70's to gold to cruise liners.

going by the text only, if someone is genuinely keen for a ke70, and only a ke70 (which happends often), then yours might be "worth" a bit of cash to them, they are willing to pay it.

but keep in mind, those who are looking into ke70s generally arent looking to spend much at all, ke70 generally isnt the choice of vehicle for someone with a bit of cash.

Of course there are exceptions.

Hold onto it for another ten years. At the moment KE70's are mostly the domain of young wanna be drifters and are worth very little. Once the majority of them are crashed or scrapped and the young guys have grown up the market will change. Some of that generation will be cashed up and get nostalgic for that "drift/race car they never built" and will want a tidy base.

It happened with rotaries :P

Having said that, there are far better ways to make money, if that's what you're holding onto it for.

if you haven't built it yourself its just another 30year old car with no comforts & one that is dangerous in a crash.

If you had put months of work into it yourself you would have a fine idea of what it was worth, but as it is just flick it for what you can get.

$2k would be fine for it, I can't see anyone paying more.....

Edited by altezzaclub