Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke20 Project. 3k To 4age To 4agte

Featured Replies

  • Author
*Warning: I know nothing about 4AGE's!*

 

 

I think maybe I should have said that at the start of this thread.

 

Cheers, will take the starter motor back tomorrow, and see if they have one.

  • Replies 146
  • Views 136.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author

Got the 4AC starter motor to fit the T-50 .

I have started the job of labelling the wiring loom so i know which wires i will have to extend. A few of the plugs seem different (the cold start injector is one of these) to that of the wiring diagram and a few plugs have more wires than listed on the wiring diagram.

 

The diagrams are easy to read but this is the first time i've attempted to wire an engine, anyone got any advice for this newbie auto-elec?

  • Author

Ordered a reconditioned VH40 remote brake booster from ebay today.

  • Author

I got this baby off ebay for $270 which we stripped down.

I really only needed a front bonnet strip (the whole bonnet was nearly overrated),

the panel that sits above the front lower apron (overrated again)

got lots of other spares before making it a convertible for mr cube

 

convertibleke209aq.jpg

  • Author

i got my ebay brake booster in the mail today. looks nice and new and shiny (its reco'ed).

Just need to find a suitable master cylinder as the standard one doesn't fit with the small port's inlet manifold.

  • Author

I got my brake master cylinder today. It will clear the inlet manifold. Its actually off a trailer!! 3/4"

Girlfriend is going away so i will get some line flaring done and perhaps start on the wiring if it all goes ok.

Wish i could take a week off work and concentrate on getting stuff done...

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Author

Its been a while since i've done anything to the car, with all the wedding planning and stuff.

I got the chance to buy this car and JUMPED AT IT!!!

Its a registered minter (well pretty much) with only 72,000 kms. (yes i have service history to prove it!!)

I'm going to put the 4age into this one instead once I re-register it. I will have to do the firewall again but this has no rust, where as the blue one has some nasty rust in one of the chassis rails and hasn't been registered in many years. So this seems the sensible thing to do.

web15xe.jpg

 

web21up.jpg

  • Author

cheers, it has about 3 weeks of rego left.

I plan to re-register it, take the 3k out and swap the bits over as quickly as i can.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

I wired up my first alarm this week. its a two way alarm - it sends info to the remote (if within 1000m) which has a cool lcd screen. also has a remote start module i haven't wired up, only because the 3k is a bitch to start. will use this when the 4age is in to get the heater cranking on cold mornings.

Also got both recaros in this week, hope to swap the fuel system from the blue car over this weekend, suspension next week...

hey man, where did you source your engine mounts from to allow the 4a-ge to go straight in? I'm trying to find a set and I'm not having much luck!

  • Author

custom made. my mate has made three sets now and I wish we had made some more, couldn't find any ae71s at pick'n payless last time i went out.

 

surge tank and pumps now in green car.

 

Put battery box in boot and run power AND ground wire through to the front. also ran in 2 four core flex from front to back, for the fuel pump wires and so i have some spares for maybe an amp.

Edited by JC807

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

my momo prototipo wheel and recaro in the green car.

 

seatwheelkg2.jpg

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.