Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Mtb Thread

Featured Replies

I have a Trek Fuel 70 if memory serves correctly, it goes up hills, it goes down hills quite a bit quicker (Remind anyone of a KE?), it does offroad, and I can jump it respectable distances without dying (again, KE), it's like a 2 wheeled Corolla! :laff:

 

I'd take a photo, but it's currently stuck in the stairwell..... :hmm:

 

I do want a downhill bike, but I just can't justify yet another bike..... damn

Edited by Toy-Yoda

  • Replies 59
  • Views 98.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • So you want to be able to go up hills aswell? You probably wouldn't need to spend $2k. You'd be able to get onto something good for between $700-1200. With your budget your pricing yourself away from

Posted Images

Sweet, my kind of thread!

 

I'm running a Giant Reign 0 with Fox Talas 36's on the front, x.9 stuff and ex721 rims. It does well, I do a bit of DH to get to work. :) Also have a little STP with Argyles for doing the pump track/jump thing. She's getting a bit dusty at the moment though :/ I'll have to take a photo when I finally get them clean! :)

Reigns are great bikes, it must be awesome with those 36's up front. Thats pretty much what i want to get as a "do it all" rig, just gotta get rid of the glory first :rolls:

Shiiit, going back a fair while I had a STP with argyle 302's, sold that and got a nighttrain with 3" badabing bars, damn fun, sold that and built a dmr transition with height adjustable pikes and ended up getting another nighttrain frame. Found out if you keep winding pikes down they go down further than they're supposed to, set them at 70mm with full stiffness was like rigids. Sold em all about 4 years ago. Good fun though

Yeah, I have to say, it is awesome. Climbing is OK, I've got it built on the heavier side so that's to be expected, but boy does it rip down! The only down side at the moment is I managed to crack my 2009 version, then the 2010 they replaced it with. I now have a 2011 that looks awesome but I can't put a chain guide on it! :/ It's kinda noisy at the moment. But yes, the 36's suit it very very well :)

  • Author

The reign's are pretty sweet.

Just got back from a bit of a thrash!! Tried a pair of "world cup" 888 bombers, they work great and with flat triple clamps don't alter the geometry. Still having to decide if I upgrade the bike, or just use these forks. Main problem is the guys I ride with race either expert or elite class and some of their machines are crazy. So when my mate who I bought the Kona off, asks for a ride it's hard to say no as his yetti is worth bucket loads. It's also so hard to give it back, she's a burger with the lot. The new upside down manitou darado(spelling?) are f'ing mental, but the best bit is his Hope brakes. 6 piston ti calipers with vented floating hat disks on the front with the only change on the rear is a 4 piston ti caliper. Nomnomnom!!!

Edited by kickn5k

Just thought I would chuck up my rig. It's a tomac primer 220 that I bought of a world cup racer, was raced one race. He was selling due to new sponsorship so I got it cheap. He brought it down to Adelaide at the nationals at eagle on the hill. Soon as I saw it I knew I had to have it toke it for a ride and bought it on the spot. I bought it with all the top of the line parts the only thing I changed was the Handle bars. Rides amazingly over the ruff stuff, I use to race our state rounds but don't have the time any more. I also had a pretty bad crash (story for another time) so its been sitting in the shed. Going for a ride some time soon hopefully I still know how to ride haha.

P1170126.jpg

I also have a giant comp 8 great bike has 7 inches of travel up front 8 on the back and can still climb hills like a xc bike.

  • Author

Just thought I would chuck up my rig. It's a tomac primer 220 that I bought of a world cup racer.

 

Nomnomnom boutique bike porn!!!!!

What are the specs on your stoppers???

Damn Chris, that's one impressive bike!

 

 

Went and got measured up and ordered the Phaser 3 today. Should have it by next weekend :D

Thanks guys, hopefully getting to ride it some time this week. Forks are starting to leak it hasn't been ridden in so long.

 

haha my stoppers guessing brakes, well they are 8 inch rotors with a four piston caliper front and rear. retail for 300 each i think i would recommend them to any one. so much adjustment you can adjust the bite force and pad gap by a turn of a knob. they are pretty heavy almost 500g but worth it.

Is that Mitch Delfs old rig?

Nah Rhys Willemse old bike ride at the Canberra world cup.

Picked up my phaser this morning. Haven't had a chance to do anything properly off the beaten trail but I'm in lurrrveee.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.