Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

1967 Toyota Crown Ms47 Wagon

Featured Replies

If only you were in qld. Build looks awesome mate

  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 84
  • Views 145k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I am sooooo ʞ©$ɟing stoked today!   I put my fuel tank back in after it was repaired and tipped some fuel in.   With the help of one of my club mates Rob (thanks Rob!!), lots of start ya bastard a

  • silverra23
    silverra23

    This thread has been very quiet due to a distinct lack of motivation on my part.   In part due to being unexcited about pulling all the door trims off so that I could fit the right hand side chrome

  • Tonight I finally lived up to my promise to Don, the previous owner of the Crown, that I would bring it down to show him when it was on the road.   He was very excited, rushing out with his camera t

  • Author

Now that my bathroom renos are approaching finished.. its time to get serious about the Crown.

 

I put it on stands today, and got the wheels off so I could get the wheel cylinders off and re-sleeved.

 

Turns out Don must have done the brakes at some point while it was sitting in his shed.

 

Front linings are brand new.

 

mail.google.com.jpg

 

Rear wheel cylinders look like they were brand new too. I am still going to take them to get sleeved as I don't imagine sitting for 20 years has done them any good.

 

IMAG0376.jpg

 

He must have put a brand new muffler on it too. It still has the part sticker on it.. and now plenty of rust!!

IMAG0378.jpg

 

Says Toyota Masterline on it, which is what they called the wagons in Japan I think.

 

I also pulled the fuel tank out while she was up in the air. As it turns out wreckers drain the old fuel from a fuel tank by putting a 30mm hole saw through the bottom of the tank :( I only worked this out when I went to put some fuel in it and it quickly ended up on the shed floor! So out she comes to be patched and welded up....

So out she comes to be patched and welded up....

 

make sure there are no fumes! let the tank sit for at least a few days to air.

 

This thing is going to be so radd!

  • Author

Oh its been well aired.. don't worry about that. I won't be welding it.. I will get someone who knows what they are doing to do that :)

Oh its been well aired.. don't worry about that. I won't be welding it.. I will get someone who knows what they are doing to do that :)

 

Should get them to make a set of 1J engine mounts while your at it ;)

  • Author

its lucky you are in brisbane phil... it keeps the temptation far enough away :)

Rollas got a towbar and almost finnished building the mini box trailer :P

  • Author

No no no :)

 

Hopefully my M engine will start and I won't need to consider such things.

 

In winning news today.. wheel cylinders didn't need resleeving. Just had seal kits put through them and they are good to go.

 

Dropped off radiator and fuel tank for some loving.

 

Progress is nice :)

Haha. can only hope. The gte is sitting in the shed. soarer is now empty :)

Thats great that some of the things are going to plan! I saw this program where they just drilled holes through anything holding fluid before getting crushed; sump, tank, shocks, rad etc, it was pretty gruesome.

 

Plans for the suspension?

  • Author

long plans are pretty much "low"

 

crowns share the same front spring as most falcons, so will stick some superlows in the front

 

rears are leaf.. so that will be lowering blocks

 

might put shocks in it.. might leave them as they are if its not a woeful ride... trying to do it on a small budget, so don't want to get too carried away.

crowns share the same front spring as most falcons, so will stick some superlows in the front

 

rears are leaf.. so that will be lowering blocks.

 

inb4 chopped commo springs and flipped leafs :lolcry: :lolcry:

thought i got rid of my "building old cars demon"

but shit man,theres something about restoring an old girl to former glory.that first drive will be priceless (unless something falls off like when i first drove my old RX4)

will be keeping an eye on this thread,very envious

all the best mate,keep up the great work

  • Author

I am sooooo ʞ©$ɟing stoked today!

 

I put my fuel tank back in after it was repaired and tipped some fuel in.

 

With the help of one of my club mates Rob (thanks Rob!!), lots of start ya bastard and fuel down the carb, she fired! It took the grunt of the battery out of my work ute to get it firing, but once she was going, she settled down to an almost perfect idle. I couldn't believe how good it was considering its sat for nearly 30 years!

 

The bypass pipe was cracked so I will need to replace that, and I need to get a top hose, since the one I got out of the Gates catalogue was no where near the right size or shape.

 

I also managed to get my reco radiator into it and do the thermostat, and put the brake master cylinder and wheels cylinders on and bled up the brakes.

 

My carpet arrived from Trufit, so its time to attack the interior too. The seats need to come out for retrimming, and I wil do the carpet while they are out.

 

Mechanically I want to put a transmission cooler on it, and lower it. Will replace the leads and dizzy cap too.

 

Cosmetically I need to work out a way to fit the chrome trims back down the side since all the stud plates have rusted away, and then put the grille back into it.

 

I feel like its not far away now!!

Edited by silverra23

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.