Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ae-101 Bz- Touring Wagon

Featured Replies

hi guys, just wondering if anyone can help me, I'm trying to find out any info on the ae-101 bz touring wagon and also if it is possible to import one into australia or even if someone knows of any already here? not a real common car I guess and many would simply say "why bother?" but I love to be different, love corolla's, have a family, but also enjoy driving an these lil beasts have 20 valve 4A-GE's in then so it sound like a pretty good mix to me ;) but is it possible here in Australia or do I need to move to a different country lol

  • Author

Yeah been looking at trade me, some nice examples on there. True caldina's a very nice and probably faster and handle better, but I know of a few caldina's in the local area, and I just want to be as different as possible lol. thinking I may have to contact some importers in Melbourne or Sydney and see what they think

So, I got curious and did some research :P

 

Just waiting on a reply from an importer as to whether they can actually be brought in, but if they are...

 

FYI: All BZ-Tourings are auto. All of them. The lower-spec L and G Touring are manual, but don't have the blacktop 20V thus being completely ineligible to import.

That being said, a manual swap would be very easy using parts from any old AE102, or you'd probably find a 6 speed fairly easily as leftovers from an imported blacktop halfcut.

 

So, this is what you want...

 

http://exchange.goo-net.com/usedcars/TOYOTA/COROLLA_TOURING_WAGON/0180120601K4000430011/index.html

 

http://exchange.goo-net.com/usedcars/TOYOTA/COROLLA_TOURING_WAGON/700020547720120410001/index.html

 

And in the course of searching... I found these :S

 

http://exchange.goo-net.com/usedcars/TOYOTA/COROLLA_TOURING_WAGON/700102018020110414016/index.html

 

http://exchange.goo-net.com/usedcars/TOYOTA/COROLLA_WAGON/700110043520120221001/index.html

 

Mitsuoka strikes again...

http://www.mitsuoka-motor.com/english/

 

Blame this lot.

 

They create all manner of unholy abominations.

 

EDIT: I'm going to assume its Mitsuoka, they're the main offenders... But there's all sorts of smaller 'boutique customisers' in Japan that may be responsible.

Edited by 7shades

  • Author

oh awesome! can't wait to hear what the importer has to say!! Auto is fine by me, an like you say a 6 speed conversion shouldn't be too hard ;) I actually saw one on the net that had a full ae-111 trueno front end on it! lol it looked real nice. Hell YES!!! that is exactly what I want, then I'm going to serch high and low to find as many ae10* jdm options to put in and on it lol, is it strange I want a wagon like that so bad?

  • Author

yeah I'd stay far far away from that horrible monstrosity!! half crusty old british nightmare half awesome corolla lol (my apologies to any fans of the jaguar lol)

oh awesome! can't wait to hear what the importer has to say!! Auto is fine by me, an like you say a 6 speed conversion shouldn't be too hard ;) I actually saw one on the net that had a full ae-111 trueno front end on it! lol it looked real nice. Hell YES!!! that is exactly what I want, then I'm going to serch high and low to find as many ae10* jdm options to put in and on it lol, is it strange I want a wagon like that so bad?

 

As a fellow wagonthusiast, no. Not at all :)

 

Actually you know what I'd do...

 

I'd buy a whole trueno halfcut, use the panels and manual bits on the wagon, then sell the spare blacktop. :)

FYI: All BZ-Tourings are auto. All of them.

 

They're not - you can definitely get both 5-speed and 6-speed versions. They may be rare, but they exist.

 

Also, try and get the early-model ones with the normal wagon tail-lights - the later ones with the twin horizontal ones just look naff and ugly.

  • Author

Oh nice to know I'm not the only wagonthusiast lol :2thumbs: hey that sounds like an absoloutly PERFECT plan!!!

Edited by langdon69

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.