Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Smaller Trolley Jack Opinions?

Featured Replies

Hi everyone,

 

I'm thinking about buying a new trolley jack. I had a full-size trolley jack but sold it when I got rid of my last car :(

 

As I am short on 2 key things, money and space, I'm thinking about getting a smaller trolley jack. As I've never used one of these before I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with them. I've prob only use it a couple of times a year.

 

This is the sort of size I was looking at, prob not that exact model but just to give you an idea.

http://www.kincrome....rtnumber=K12061

 

Will these jacks lift each end of a rolla no probs? Do they lift them high enough to get them on jack stands etc?

 

Thanks for your help.

Depends on how high your stands are

;)

 

• Lift Height: 250mm

 

 

That looks the same as the ones in supercrap (except they're red ) - check the price and lift height

Edited by frosty

  • Author

Prob hoping to spend $100 max.

Prob hoping to spend $100 max.

 

If you can stretch a little further head down to Tradetools at Dandenong. Probably looking at about $120-150 for a pretty decent jack.

I have got by on little jacks for ever. Always done the job, but eventually the seals go and they are not repairable. Lifts cars no worries.

 

Big proper jack would be lovely, but couldn't really use it in my confined area, and I would keep falling over it when not in use

That looks the same as the ones in supercrap (except they're red ) - check the price and lift height

 

Don't ever buy a jack from Supercheap Auto, unless it's a brand name one. There have been a few recalls on the SCA jacks, they are shit.

Edited by rian

Don't ever buy a jack from Supercheap Auto, unless it's a brand name one.

Totally agree.

When It comes to safety you get what you pay for. If your rolla is low make sure it's going to be low enough to get under your car.

look at an ARCAN jack on ebay. they are sold at costco for 165 dollarsish.

 

best jack i have owned, out of 5

 

they sell on ebay for under 200, so cheaer than getting a costco membership just to buy the jack.

 

you will be happy with this jack, guaranteed.

Don't ever buy a jack from Supercheap Auto, unless it's a brand name one. There have been a few recalls on the SCA jacks, they are shit.

Totally agree.

When It comes to safety you get what you pay for. If your rolla is low make sure it's going to be low enough to get under your car.

 

You tell me this after I've been using a SCA trolley jack for the last 5 years?!? :P

 

I can't say I've ever had a problem with it besides the SCA stickers falling off 2 days after I bought it. :lol:

 

If your car's too low for your jack (like my Twin Cam is), just drive/roll the end you want to jack up onto a few pieces of thick timber (saved me buying a pricey ultra-low jack). If you want to get enthusiastic, you could even cut an angle off one end of the wood so it's a ramp. :D

I use a Toyota scissor jack to lift the car high enough to get the trolley jack in.

 

And there is no way I would ever put myself anywhere near under the car whilst going up or down on the jack.

 

Never had a problem with cheapo jacks in nearly 30 years, other than them losing their lift after 5-10 years when they get replaced..

And there is no way I would ever put myself anywhere near under the car whilst going up or down on the jack.

 

^^^ This. :yes:

  • Author

Cheers for the replies guys.

 

I figure even if I wanna get a good full-size one down the track when I've got more space n money, the little one will still come in handy.

 

The ones they have at Repco have a lower saddle height than most I've looked at.

 

The full size TTI ones at total tools are only 139 tho, we'll see

I bought a "full sized" trolley jack from repco for $99 down from $200. Havent had a problem with it. Maybe wait for a special...

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.