Ke26 Wagon Rebuild

LukeAE71

Introducing my latest Corolla...... a shiny KE26 Wagon

This is actually my 10th Corolla, and I think it will be my best yet. It has been resprayed in and out in the Ford Territory Mocha colour. I have ALOT of work ahead of me to re-install everything and complete the car ready for the road. I estimate it will take me ~3 years to complete. I wanted something that I can take the wife and kids out in on sunny Sundays and I reckon once complete this will be just the thing.

Plans:

Engine - undecided, options like 13B, 20V 4AGE and even BEAMS are being considered. As the wagons weigh 900kg, anything up to a 3.6L NA is applicable ;)

Driveline - Hilux Diff, also considering rack and pinion conversion, these old steering boxes are almost always rooted. AE86 or RA65 struts up front so can utilise big brakes and 4 x 114.3 stud pattern.

Interior - original, done in either the tan vinyl or black vinyl they come in

Wheels - undecided, will have to run at least 14s to clear brakes

Budget - ~$15K

I am on the lookout to purchase a rough KE20 to test fit engine and box conversion etc so it can then be transplanted into this car. This thing is so clean you can eat off of it - I don't want to be lifting engines and boxes in and out of it twenty times and stuffing it up.

Here is a pic of before I bought it......

DSC01075.jpg

Happy to hear suggestions for engine and wheels combo etc. I am a bit spoilt for choice with this thing so I can't decide

• Upvote 1

Members dont see this ad

Please don't cross-breed with the engine. The colour is awesome! Good to see you are going to keep the interior original and you are allowing a decent amount of time and budget. :)

I say dump it on reconditioned stockies and dress rings, and period correct whitewalls. =D

• 6 months later...