We Need Your Help For The New Race Track In Wagga Wagga

Rob 5000

Hi everyone,

couple of greenies are trying to stop the track going ahead. Can you please sign the petition online to help get the motorsport voice heard, thanks.

Hi Folks,

Just a quick update and looking for some help.

As some of you may have heard, there is a current proposal to build a New Race Track / Driver Training Centre in Wagga Wagga, NSW.

A map of the circuit is

attached (best view) and below (a little small) .....a Nice 2.7 Kilometre Circuit running Clockwise with 4 left turns and 4 rights...

Some of you may or may not be also be aware that this Circuit is being built by: current, Period 5 Unlimited and Period 3 500, Historic Motorcycle Racer, Mick Neason and his business partner Phil Andrea.

The land is purchased, and providing it all gets through council OK in the next few months, Mick is planning on having the circuit open and running in about 2 years.

At this point the planning permits are with the Wagga Wagga City Council and they are asking for comments etc,’as the planning permits are out on display for public comments... this is where you folks all come in.

Of course as always when it comes to these things there will always be a few objectors in the area, and it’s the plan of the local car club to submit a national petition to the council later this month..

Below you find a link to the petition that will be submitted to the Wagga Wagga council, please go to the website if you desire and complete the petition, please note the closing date is 10 May 2012, so you’ll need to get onto this at your earliest convenience, off course you can be semi anonymous if you like , but the more information you provide the better it looks to council..

You’ll find the sign up page here:

Edited by irokin
Fixed the formatting

Members dont see this ad

Below you find a link to the petition that will be submitted to the Wagga Wagga council, please go to the website if you desire and complete the petition, please note the closing date is 10 May 2012, so you’ll need to get onto this at your earliest convenience, off course you can be semi anonymous if you like , but the more information you provide the better it looks to council..

I know things happen slowly in the sticks mate .... but really, you need to lift your game

Todays date is 16 May 2012

also in the notes on the website it sais:

"The petition will be presented to Wagga City Council on 9/5/2012, but will remain open for ongoing support of the proposal."

so even the 10th would have missed the boat!

I suppose we can still sign it for "ongoing support"

i just signed it them.

Edited by ke70dave

I'm curious, what are the "greenies" objecting to exactly?

I'm all for motorsport complexes, but if it means destroying the habitats of native &/or endangered species to build it or negligence/poor design causing future damage (i.e fluid runoff from the track), then no, I'm not in support of it. :no2:

I hope this works out for you guys.

I know the money and time that the Ballarat Light Car Club put into getting a race track built and it fell over in the end. They had the facilities - autocross track etc. - the land was next to an airport, so no issues with noise and it had the potential to be 100% booked, being as stones throw from a freeway and an hour from Melbourne, but it still fell through in the end.

I have a feeling that a couple of business/local government people have had their eyes on the land the club sits on to develop (there have been some interesting proposals put up over the years - flying cars for one!-, so money talked.........

Best of luck with it all.

Edited by coln72

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...