March 24, 201313 yr comment_651247 will be following this closely mate awesome conversion choice Report
March 25, 201313 yr Author comment_651285 Sounds good. I got a mate who is doing most my welding for me. But if your mate got spare time i got cash if he'll do little jobs. Are you running the s2000 auxillary pump? Caus i know without it the CEL on the dash comes on. I noticed you have an extra bar underneath the car that you have mounted tramp rods to. Is that standard two door corolla? Report
March 25, 201313 yr Author comment_651287 Cheers nerf. Been in the pipeline for a while. Ive had the car stripped near on three years waiting to get the s2000 at a good price. And this half cut came up about three months ago so i had an inpulse buy. Ill keep posting pics over the build. Report
March 25, 201313 yr comment_651346 Sounds good. I got a mate who is doing most my welding for me. But if your mate got spare time i got cash if he'll do little jobs. Are you running the s2000 auxillary pump? Caus i know without it the CEL on the dash comes on. I noticed you have an extra bar underneath the car that you have mounted tramp rods to. Is that standard two door corolla? I'm running commodore in tank fuel set up with walbro pump. Only light i have on is engine check light which i have to get scanned and cleared. The bar underneath is part of a custom caltrack bar setup not a standard part. Were abouts are you located mate ? Report
March 25, 201313 yr Author comment_651355 I'm in ryde but car is at dads in penrith. Not the fuel pump. Ill clear it up as its an odd setup. On the s2k on the passenger side behind the front bumper is an air pump that pumps air into the cat to prewarm it. Its a low emissions aid. if you have installed the engine without it then it must be ok. Thanks for info on your fuel setup too. Report
March 25, 201313 yr Author comment_651356 Apparently deleting the air pump can caus a check engine light. Ive browsed the US forums and a bloke has been producing relays to stop the engine light coming on because of the pump being removed. Not sure if it works on aussie car though as early australian delivered cars don't have obd2 connectors so the whole harness is altered. let me know how clearing the light goes and ill see if i can find the link for pump relay Report
March 26, 201313 yr comment_651389 Ok cool at least your in sydney, pm me and ill pass on his details so you can buzz him and have a chat in regards to what you need done. Maybe we can come check out your conversion and ill bring mine so you can check it out in person. Report
March 27, 201313 yr Author comment_651493 Cheers. I did a few years spanner twirling for a honda dealer so if you have anything you need worked out with the engine ill see what i can do. Got workshop manuals and alot of other shit on the f20. Report
May 20, 201313 yr Author comment_656575 So my "work truck" corolla blew a head gasket, and I haven't had much time to do the s2krolla. The head gasket and electrical problems on the other rolla now solved/ fixed so I can continue work on the build. So here is pics of both the cars, as since ive had the second corolla it has been restored, so ive now got two projects :-D The enter button wouldn't work so if this post is all over the place I apologize. Report
May 20, 201313 yr Author comment_656576 So the doors pictured are spares. So if anyone needs panels or suspension parts, just pm me Report
June 4, 201313 yr Author comment_657998 Hello all. More pics of the build. Has been very slow but finally have the falcon wheels all mounted to the xt130 struts with the ms65 crown hubs and all new bearing, and have found doors in better shape from a ke55. I have the engine sitting in the car now and will fab the mounts in the next few weeks. I have also mounted the honda brake pedial assembly and pajero brake booster. In a fit of stupidity I have gone mad with engine detailing and have decided to high-polish everything aluminium. So intake, engine block and head, gearbox and all engine ancillaries will be mirror finish. Still rough at this stage though. Bring on more sand paper and filing. And while I'm at it, the green corolla work truck pulling the other rollas parts :-D Report
June 5, 201313 yr comment_658028 You'll get half way through that manifold and regret it! :P beem there, done that lol Report
June 9, 201313 yr Author comment_658418 I'm regretting it now. Ive just bout finished the manifold now though so only another five bits to go :-O First up is the front of car where the radiator lives. Got sick of looking for radiators that would fit the standard size hole.... so made the hole bigger for the stock s2000 radiator Then I cut holes and installed wiring grommets in the doors so the wiring is tidy and can't be seen. Plenty of electronics will be going in here. Next up the transmission tunnel from the s2000 was kept and I have now cut it to the right size to weld into the car. This was a bit quicker then having to make a tunnel from scratch. The Evo recaros barely fit in the car now. But they DO FIT which is a bit relief. And Finally a pic of the front of the car. Note that the s2000 Air Conditioning condenser fits in front of the radiator. I will be fitting the full s2000 a/c system. So will be getting more creative when time comes to fit it and find space. Cheers, Dave Edited June 9, 201313 yr by maccat01 Report
July 27, 201313 yr Author comment_663020 Been polishing aluminium parts for days. Most the junk and casting marks removed. Now just the engine and gear box to do..... Gonna be sanding forever....... but will be more then worth it. I don't like painted blocks Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now