Sandblasting

G'day guys.

Just looking to hear from anyone who's used or heard about these sandblasting kits for air compressors?

Mostly just wanting your opinion, What kinda stuff i can do with it and what sorta compressor would be ideal?

Also what can you put through them? Does it have to be the powder stuff or can you use like baking soda?

I mean for the $50~ I'm not expecting a heap, but mostly i want to do my wheels, engine parts and stuff like that. I have a reasonable compressor, Decent size but i don't want to overload it and have it die..

So yeah, Any details or anything is ideal! Cheers

Capturwwe.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad

considered buying one of those sandblasting boxes?

with the rubber gloves stuck in the side?

you would be limited to whatever you can fit inside the box of course.

http://www.tradetools.com/products/XHSBC90

I'm not sure what how you are supposed to sand blast something when you only have a gun, where does all the sand go? just make a mess on the floor?

Edited by ke70dave

I think that would be the problem Dave, and you would use a lot of sand if you didn't recycle it. You could fill all sorts of finely-made moving parts with abrasive, almost-invisible sand dust right across the garage.

The main thing for the compressor is flow rate, not pressure, sadly you need the biggest compressor and the biggest tank you can find.

Does it have a flow rate with the gun Jono, so you can see if your compressor can match it? The only ones I've used have been on commercial workshop compressors.