Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

350 Chev Into A Ke30 Sedan

Featured Replies

My 30 two door weighed 940Kgs, with the SR, cage, diff, brakes on board,

 

My mates 350 KE70 weighs 1180, with T400 and vl diff, and is/was registered, doing work on it

 

I would opt for the Windsor engine due to space

  • Replies 52
  • Views 108k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • With coil overs in the front i don't think It would have that much effect an the few people ive meet at powercruise that run 350 ci's in there corolla's said they don't have any probs with steering a

  • Powercruise is mostly power down straights and slowly turn corners.. haha     SR20DET is around 150KG, Mate had one freighted and that was what it was listed as   Smallblock chev's have been said

  • A 358hp 350 crate engine for $2800, did it fall off the back of a truck?

Posted Images

  • Author

I'm not head strong on the holden v8 mate was just my outlook at first an because i no how to work on them thats all

  • Author

Thanks nisrola i'll suss the net tomoza see if theres readily available windsors i think my cousin actually has one

 

So does anyone no how to rectify the steering quality from being heavy ??

 

Would coil overs an strut bracing an skinner tyres on the front an fatter on the rear solve some of this ???

Here are some pictures of my 1uz I put in my T18 this weekend.

 

2012-10-01105605.jpg

 

2012-10-01142452.jpg

 

2012-10-01110021.jpg

 

Only major mods needed to fit it are the tunnel and rh bank exhaust manifold

 

Measured up the 1uz with mates 355 stroker 308 and the 1uz isn't that much bigger size, actually they're nearly the same I think the 1uz was just a bit taller too.

 

Was easy to make up the mounts, the engine cost me nothing in the end even after spending $300 on new timing belt and water pump and other seals after I parted out a toyota celsior, everything for manual conversion cost about $1300 including gearbox and they usually make around 200hp at the wheels in standard form behind a manual.

 

I have a hilux diff that I did the mounts on myself was easy and can get brackets for MA70 supra rear brakes which are big enough, with coilovers in the front and T3 4 piston wilwood brakes.

Nice!! Should look smart, sound great and go well, a really cool sleeper!

  • Author

That looks awesome dude !!

 

Is the 1uz the soarer v8???

There awesome engines aye an that will be heaps of fun when ya finished ; )

 

Ur bay looks tidy as aye !!

  • Author

There was a celsor around sunshinecoast on bags an it sounded fat as !!

Edited by 84DKE

  • Author

; )

Edited by 84DKE

Yeah they come out in heaps of cars I got mine from a celsior. Just to give you an idea about how a v8 sit in these old corollas, I would assume that a ke30 bay is a bit smaller though. But I would try and get my hands on a bare engine or something and get stuck into it really, haha. No point sitting on the computer all day looking for how to get it in there best way is to just go for it, trial and error.

 

One thing as well if I don't put in a whole new tunnel will be an engine out job to do a clutch as not enough room to slide the box back, but the way I made everything else, to pull the engine and box out and do a clutch should only take a half a day if that so no worse than doing a clutch on an evo which mitsubish quote 14hrs to do one, haha.

What skill i hav an what i can do.......

 

•Make roll cage an fit

•run new fuel lines

•Gearbox crossmember customized

•I'm pretty confident after talking to my mate that i can mock up engine mounts or we will run a •chassi plate instead of mounts

•Exhaust

•Any trans tunnel modifications needed

•An i can weld new diff but need someone to •shorten it after i mock it up

•Install bracks an coil overs in front

 

So realistically all i need to spend coin on would be

 

•engine plate

•Re wiring (properly) if i hav to upgrade any fuses

•Custom tail shaft with loop

•Shortened diff

•Diff gears

•Front sway bay

•Brakes checked properly an a bigger booster to suit conversion

•Any body strengthening if i can't do it myself

 

 

Wont be no half finished ke30 here mate i can tell ya that much hahahaha

 

If all of the above is REALLY true, then you should just start tearing things up. You have enough skill to get it far enough along for a relatively small amount of money, so you will have enough to pay for the things you cannot do yourself. This will keep the project from getting too expensive.

 

The most important is your last statement: the WILLPOWER to see it through. If you really have it, then just start working, so you will have more SPECIFIC questions about what you are actually DOING, so that people on forums like this will actually want to answer and help you out--instead of arguing about stupid shit.

 

When I started my project, I knew it would be intense but I also KNEW I would get it done. I had a specific goal in mind. I lurked on a few forums doing research for a while, then dove right in with a grinder and a welder--asking questions as they came up. Took a while, but now I have the baddest Corolla in the world.

 

http://www.cardomain...-toyota-corolla

 

 

Mark

While i can seriously apprieate the amount of effort gone into your project and agree with you regarding 84dke ability to start his project and finish it....

 

i think your statement of owning the baddest corolla in the world is debaitable..i just don't get it? well done tho!

 

i think nathan's old cmefry corolla would be a contender for that...who else on here agrees or has any thoughts!

Well this could open a can of worms,

 

There are many rollas out there with various claims to titles etc, but in saying that, this forum has RCOTY,

 

Chuck in a nomination when they come up

  • 1 month later...

Ok so I'm at the same point with my ke30, however requiring being basically P plate legal for another two years I've narrowed it to either L67 (supercharged ecotec) or a barra 4L.

 

Having the ability to do basically everything in terms of fab, engine work, electrics etc so hoping for a 'cheap' build but as the saying goes; "estimate cost, then double it"

 

Anyways OT if you want to do it don't let anyone hold you back. But... Weight/power wise, is it your best option? I do understand the whole idea of using something your familiar with to simplify things.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.