350 Chev Into A Ke30 Sedan

84DKE

Members dont see this ad

Thanks nisrola i'll suss the net tomoza see if theres readily available windsors i think my cousin actually has one

So does anyone no how to rectify the steering quality from being heavy ??

Would coil overs an strut bracing an skinner tyres on the front an fatter on the rear solve some of this ???

Here are some pictures of my 1uz I put in my T18 this weekend.

2012-10-01105605.jpg

2012-10-01142452.jpg

2012-10-01110021.jpg

Only major mods needed to fit it are the tunnel and rh bank exhaust manifold

Measured up the 1uz with mates 355 stroker 308 and the 1uz isn't that much bigger size, actually they're nearly the same I think the 1uz was just a bit taller too.

Was easy to make up the mounts, the engine cost me nothing in the end even after spending $300 on new timing belt and water pump and other seals after I parted out a toyota celsior, everything for manual conversion cost about $1300 including gearbox and they usually make around 200hp at the wheels in standard form behind a manual.

I have a hilux diff that I did the mounts on myself was easy and can get brackets for MA70 supra rear brakes which are big enough, with coilovers in the front and T3 4 piston wilwood brakes.

Yeah they come out in heaps of cars I got mine from a celsior. Just to give you an idea about how a v8 sit in these old corollas, I would assume that a ke30 bay is a bit smaller though. But I would try and get my hands on a bare engine or something and get stuck into it really, haha. No point sitting on the computer all day looking for how to get it in there best way is to just go for it, trial and error.

One thing as well if I don't put in a whole new tunnel will be an engine out job to do a clutch as not enough room to slide the box back, but the way I made everything else, to pull the engine and box out and do a clutch should only take a half a day if that so no worse than doing a clutch on an evo which mitsubish quote 14hrs to do one, haha.

What skill i hav an what i can do.......

•Make roll cage an fit

•run new fuel lines

•Gearbox crossmember customized

•I'm pretty confident after talking to my mate that i can mock up engine mounts or we will run a •chassi plate instead of mounts

•Exhaust

•Any trans tunnel modifications needed

•An i can weld new diff but need someone to •shorten it after i mock it up

•Install bracks an coil overs in front

So realistically all i need to spend coin on would be

•engine plate

•Re wiring (properly) if i hav to upgrade any fuses

•Custom tail shaft with loop

•Shortened diff

•Diff gears

•Front sway bay

•Brakes checked properly an a bigger booster to suit conversion

•Any body strengthening if i can't do it myself

Wont be no half finished ke30 here mate i can tell ya that much hahahaha

If all of the above is REALLY true, then you should just start tearing things up. You have enough skill to get it far enough along for a relatively small amount of money, so you will have enough to pay for the things you cannot do yourself. This will keep the project from getting too expensive.

The most important is your last statement: the WILLPOWER to see it through. If you really have it, then just start working, so you will have more SPECIFIC questions about what you are actually DOING, so that people on forums like this will actually want to answer and help you out--instead of arguing about stupid shit.

When I started my project, I knew it would be intense but I also KNEW I would get it done. I had a specific goal in mind. I lurked on a few forums doing research for a while, then dove right in with a grinder and a welder--asking questions as they came up. Took a while, but now I have the baddest Corolla in the world.

http://www.cardomain...-toyota-corolla

Mark

While i can seriously apprieate the amount of effort gone into your project and agree with you regarding 84dke ability to start his project and finish it....

i think your statement of owning the baddest corolla in the world is debaitable..i just don't get it? well done tho!

i think nathan's old cmefry corolla would be a contender for that...who else on here agrees or has any thoughts!

• 1 month later...

Ok so I'm at the same point with my ke30, however requiring being basically P plate legal for another two years I've narrowed it to either L67 (supercharged ecotec) or a barra 4L.

Having the ability to do basically everything in terms of fab, engine work, electrics etc so hoping for a 'cheap' build but as the saying goes; "estimate cost, then double it"

Anyways OT if you want to do it don't let anyone hold you back. But... Weight/power wise, is it your best option? I do understand the whole idea of using something your familiar with to simplify things.