Ae82 Twincharged Corolla - Sznaps

Sznaps

Members dont see this ad

I guess its the matter of preference. When I heard it for the first time the first thought was "damn something broke!" but after that I simply started enjoing the sound it really is quite a cool bonus at least for me. During some straight line race when bvalve fires up i have feeling as if I was entering 88-miles-per-hour-mode from back to the future :-)

This sound can be silenced by not using cone filter but instead attach some box filter to bypass valve. Its like with supercharged engine - when you have cone filter on it you can always hear supercharger whine when its working but when you use box filter you can hear almost nothing.

I have a pod on mine and doesnt whine at all. But the horrible clunking noises it makes may be the cause. Hoping a new sc will fix the issues. I was quite disappointed when it didnt whine at all.

does it produce proper boost values ? I have not met roots supercharged car that would not whine with cone filter (did play with 5 of those).

I'd wife this in a heartbeat.

Hell no! this lady is all mine! ;-)

Edited by Sznaps

guys I am looking for some nice wheels rims for my rolla. I need some change but at whatever I look it just seems not to fit ae82 style. got some good ideas? I am also looking for wheels that would not require widening/cutting fenders. at least not rear ones which are integrated into chassis. Front fenders I can quickly make in fibre glass and make them widened with possibility to come back to originals anytime so that does not hurt me but thinking of cutting rear just to fit wider tires just does not seem right somehow.