Ban On Young People Driving High-Powered Cars Mooted

Members dont see this ad

Well, I don't find them vital at all.

I think that's the dumbest thing I've seen you post, Altezza.

But on topic, people are always going to die in car crashes. They're bound to happen and sometimes people will die because of it. A truck could T bone a P plater in a GTR and in their eyes, the GTR would probably be to blame...

I wonder what the statistics are like these days after the P plate forced induction and 200kw restrictions...

I think that's the dumbest thing I've seen you post, Altezza.

That's because I reckon every member of a society should be armed, so you don't need a standing army, as the American Constitution said back in the days of forming modern democracy. The 2nd amendment was to keep power in the hands of the people, and if they valued their society they were expected to fight for it. But having a standing army is a great place for risk-takers to really show what they are made of.

Anyway-

A truck could T bone a P plater in a GTR and in their eyes, the GTR would probably be to blame...

Probably.. P platers are usually blamed for wild driving and accidents, they have inexperience and hormones on their side, and often are going through the very drunk stage of their lives. I was no different, although there were no restrictions on licences in those days, I suppose I was both lucky and a bit more skilled than most.

I think motorsport teaches you more about driving than anything else, if any of you have thoughts of trying it some day all I can say is get out there and get into it. It is great fun, ultimate excitement and teaches you things about car control you will learn in no other way.

Its interesting you don't hear about many people in proper modified cars dieng. There are plenty of old cars with sr20 turbos for examlpe getting around that would be heaps faster than anythign you ever see on the news (imprezas, commondors)

So its not the real enthusiasts getting into trouble, its the morons with too much money and no idea how to drive getting into trouble.

I guess people that build their cars are less likely to crash them as they know how much work has gone into them.

Edited by ke70dave
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...