ke20 king

Members dont see this ad
  • 4 weeks later...

"Applications must be accompanied by a Historic Vehicle

Declaration and signed by a club official stating they are a

financial member of a Roads and Maritime Services-recognised

historic vehicle club. Vehicles can only be used for authorised

club events or for servicing or inspection."

This is what I've been asking about. I don't think 'Rollaclub' is an official 'club' per se.

I wonder what it would take for the admins to officially register RC as a club. It would be a great idea if it was possible and financially viable.

Vehicles can only be used for authorised club events or for servicing or inspection."

That's what makes it not worthwhile. Its extremely limiting on when you can drive your car and a massive argument for charging people rego on their drivers licence each year, no matter how many cars they own or drive.

This is what I've been asking about. I don't think 'Rollaclub' is an official 'club' per se.

Correct

I wonder what it would take for the admins to officially register RC as a club. It would be a great idea if it was possible and financially viable.

There are huge issues involved with this.

To start with, each state has it's own individual rules and registration requirements which a "club" must adhere to.

It is also, to a large extent, up to the club to ensure that it's members are adhering to the requirements of the relevant rego/ permit scheme. This is not a responcibility that I would like to see Rollaclub take on.

There are MANY clubs to which you can join that have availability to the permit schemes, although many do not like people purely signing up so they can get "cheap rego".

So under "special vehicle interest" on the department of transport website, value of $10,000 4clr sedan type car (not a vintage) 1 year is $565 (12months)

A normal car is like $650? or so if i recall correctly.

not that much of a saving for such a stuff around.

Most of your saving would be taken up in the yearly fee for whatever club you join?

and going by this...

http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/~/media/Registration/Registering%20vehicles/Street%20rods%20and%20vintage%20cars/Special_interest_vehicle_scheme_guide.pdf

You can't really drive it anywhere.