My 1979 Te72 T-18

roids70

they are TA22 celica Headlights they work like a treat, more lightage, just they abit crooked cause we didnt place the very well we made the supports ourselves! but yeh its going quite well, havnt had much time! to do my last pannel or my doors they will be happening in the next few weeks i hope! but i need to buy some more paint stripper.

Cheers Sean

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just abit more that i have done

post-607-1153199943_thumb.jpg

i am trying to get as much as i can but I'm not getting enough money,

i just hate spending it faster than u can ern it, oh well, i also go tir3ed of using spray cans,

so i finnaly decided to go buy a compresser and gun, i got all of my items to spray with apart from the paint.

i have also changed my mind about the colour, its either gunna be really really really red or a blue of some sort

probably a really dark blue maybe, but candy apple red cost $800 a litre so I'm gunna pass that one, i will try and keep

myself motivated so i can finnish the car will post more pics of progress at another date

Cheers Sean

Looks great mate, good to see someone doing up a T-18. Love these cars. I'm also doing a bit of a restoration at the moment, and i can really sympathise with the frustration that you are feeling, it is hard to get motivated but i find it easiest if you just think of every panel as a goal lol!

Anyway mate, good luck with it all. Look forward to reading more about the project as it goes along!

Justin

just a few more pics just cause i was bored

Here is my new sound system consisting of a 1000watt amp, and 2 800 watt typhoon 12 inch kenwood subs

post-607-1153624924_thumb.jpg

just a few pics on its way to getting ready to put over the pits

post-607-1153625123_thumb.jpgpost-607-1153625037_thumb.jpg

you should paint the headlight surounds black..

you don't have and t-series diff centres do you?

or maybe some of those old skool crome rims? can always use a spare set..

by the way i have a t18 that is sorta going to be wrecked a lot of parts are well worn, if you are after anything drop us a line and we might be able to work something out. the engine gose (just) needs a rebuild badly. the box is still together but had jumped out of second after a masive clutch kick last time it was drivern. oh and it has been rolled.. there is a few straight panels and almost a spare complete engine that has been out in the weather for 6months minimum so it may not be much good exept maybe the block and crank... no diffs though

like your project, i think you save a lot of money by buying a cheap compressor/gun. the bonus is it pays for itself and at the end you have a heap of tools for next time..

cheers keep up the good work

Bruce: Umm I'm not sure at this point in time! atm I'm just playing with old buster grills i have got of the other cars!

Tas_AE71: umm atm I'm not too sure about the diff centers atm cause I'm using one for a weildy and I'm not sure about the other one at this point in time! all my rims i am keeping for the moment till everything is sorted out, witch could be a while. what kind of price are u looking for out of the good parts on ur T-18? cause if there are some decent parts i might grab them like interior (seats, center console, dash cluster) and the engine are u looking for some money for it and the box? umm if u really want just give me a PM one day befor a w/e or something and we can organsie something if u want and u can come around to my house and find something if u want.!

Cheers Sean

well i started doing stuff finally cause i have a day at home got the compresser out and i have got the spray gun ready can of primer grey, also took out the struts so i can put other ones back in with no cut springs in them

post-607-1154667742_thumb.jpg

post-607-1154667816_thumb.jpg

will post more pics of painting progress latter!

Cheers Sean