November 25, 201312 yr comment_672542 I'm sensing you're going to build the toughest looking KE30 I've ever seen.... :) Report
November 26, 201312 yr Author comment_672591 Thanks Snot. It could be the first ke30 wrc car. lol. Molds are ready to make some light weight fibre glass race panels. Report
November 26, 201312 yr Author comment_672599 I can if you want a set Justin. They weigh in about half the weight of a steel panel with a flare bolted to it, but they will be twice the cost. Check out how it looks when both the rear flares and front guards are fitted. Report
November 27, 201312 yr comment_672605 I would have to mod them slightly, I will be cutting my guards across the crease where the panel is recessed for the bumper and my splitter will fit up like a modern car and form the front of the wheel arch, that allows me blend the flares into the base of the splitter, but yours are looking great, what flares are they Report
November 27, 201312 yr Author comment_672641 I know what you mean. I did the same type of thing for the Celica. The flares are off the front of a 85 MA61 Supra The wcr style roof vent and rear flares are in the molds. Report
November 28, 201312 yr Author comment_672648 The steel Celica guards with a bolt on flare similar to these weighed 5kgs each. After I made them in 100% glass they were 2.5kgs each. I havent weighed the smaller Corolla guards yet, but you can see a 5kg total weight reduction just in the front guards. There will be approx a 2kg increase over the rear wheels with the rear flares, but thats not a bad thing in a rear wheel drive car. Ill let you know the weight when they come out of the molds. Report
November 28, 201312 yr Author comment_672684 Making a lighter and under driven crank pulley. Ive removed the rubberised pulley and machined down the stub to take a water pump pulley. Report
November 29, 201312 yr Author comment_672731 New pulley made. Crank assembly ready to go to the balancer. Size difference between standard and modified. Report
December 2, 201312 yr comment_672903 awesome! loving the skill and workmanship going into this! keep it rolling. :) Report
December 6, 201312 yr Author comment_673157 Thanks Jake and Jesse. Ive been checking the v6 conversion. Rear flares and roof vent are out of the molds. Report
December 6, 201312 yr comment_673162 Hi there Craig as everyone else has said and i got to agree this is the best build thread that i have seen on rollaclub yet ! Fantastic attention to detail and all the fabrication work ( 2nd to none) I have been following this from the start and check every night for your great photos and updates as it has given me a few ideas for my build ( PROJECT 25 ) that's all i can say about it at the moment i will let the build thread tell the story when we get it up and going. Anyway keep the great work up and i am really looking forward to seeing this finished. Cheers:- Stuart (Thomas dad) :wave: Report
December 6, 201312 yr Author comment_673199 Thanks very much Stuart. Ill be looking for Project 25 with keen interest. Any hints. Possible rally TTE replica maybe? One rear flare fitted. Still some body work to finish and then it can be painted. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now