Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Steerfast Rally Ke30 2 Door

Featured Replies

  • Author

Inner and outer bonnet skins in the molds.

post-17707-0-08184300-1388466234_thumb.jpg

post-17707-0-34490300-1388466242_thumb.jpg

  • Replies 675
  • Views 1.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Dash Stickers done.   Iam just in hurry up mode Rob. The end of this build is so close.

  • My last project which is under the blue car cover was a TA64 Group B Celica Replica. Ill be competing in that car along side Tony and Chris Scott in this years Australian 2WD Rally Master Series and

  • Iam amazed at the new aftermarket parts you can get for these old Corollas. The new guards and bonnet turned up today, as well as the Tilton pedal box. Iam building the car to run in AMSAG and the 2

Posted Images

dat fibregloss, I need 2 lern dis

Messy, spiky and sharp, poisonous chemicals, poisonous vapours, impossible to clean up afterwards or get off your skin, poisonous sanding dust too....

 

You sure?

 

Light though......

  • Author

Not quite sure what your trying to say Keith. Please explain? LOL.

 

It is nasty stuff and you need a proper respirator with a styrean filter, not just a dust mask.

Do you mind if I ask where you get the matting/resin/catalyst/release agent? I've wanted to try to make fibreglass panels for a while now but I haven't found anywhere that sells the materials.

Edited by rian

What's with all the negativity on the fibre glass, Craig has done a fantastic job, fibre glass is great stuff, it's only sharp if you don't sand it, not trying to start an argument hear or anything just saying it sounded a bit harsh

  • Author

I get my stuff from SEDALS here in Toowoomba but Iam sure you could find somewhere near you on the net.

A good marine shop or boat builder should be able to help.

 

 

Aerials for the UHF and rallysafe computer are in.

post-17707-0-99931500-1388487995_thumb.jpg

post-17707-0-03183700-1388488003_thumb.jpg

post-17707-0-08569000-1388488012_thumb.jpg

post-17707-0-13851500-1388488023_thumb.jpg

Use to work for Sedl's. Just be careful with the fibreglass mattting, i had to cut the lengths on the floor, myself and one other guy, we were the only ones that'd clean the floor first the other guys would just roll it out regardless what crap was on the floor at the time.

 

Try Brauer's Marine on Markelee Street. Near the corner of McDougall and Hursley. From memory a mate found they were cheaper on the resin and hardener

  • Author

Cheers Rob. I buy a whole roll of glass mat still in the box and resin in 20lt drums so they do me a good deal on price.

 

 

There is something fundamentally wrong about cutting a hole into a freshly painted roof panel.

It has to be there, but your head says "don't do it".

post-17707-0-65598100-1388567838_thumb.jpg

post-17707-0-44881100-1388567847_thumb.jpg

post-17707-0-82320600-1388567866_thumb.jpg

post-17707-0-33818100-1388567877_thumb.jpg

Its just disgusting stuff to work with- I thought welding and grinding and painting was messy and grubby until we got in fibreglass panels.

 

We made guards, bonnets and boots for the Datsuns years ago.

Thanks for sharing your build. This is my favourite thread on rollaclub, I just wish I had the skills and money required to build something like this car.

Yeah ... don't use abrasive discs to cut the roof vent hole on paint, rust spots are a PITA.

I cut the hole before I painted this time round.

  • Author

Good advice Mika. I used a jig saw. I should have cut it before paint as well but it turned out ok.

 

Dash, Grill and roof vent being painted.

post-17707-0-18644700-1388963682_thumb.jpg

post-17707-0-92966700-1388963689_thumb.jpg

post-17707-0-07935800-1388963698_thumb.jpg

post-17707-0-13204000-1388963705_thumb.jpg

Craig i must say i do enjoy reading your thread :) it is always full of great photos and information which will have to make this little rolla a BIG contender for COTY 2014 :yes: ! keep the great work up and really looking forward to seeing this build finished :2thumbs: .

 

Cheers:- Stuart ( Thomas dad ) :wave:

  • Author

Thanks Stuart. Iam looking forward to seeing it finished as well.

The list of jobs is getting longer as you get closer to the end.

 

Tail end is painted and lights are on.

post-17707-0-13147800-1389138244_thumb.jpg

post-17707-0-02125800-1389138299_thumb.jpg

post-17707-0-26617100-1389138312_thumb.jpg

post-17707-0-44686200-1389138323_thumb.jpg

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.