1974 Ke20 Build

grundle84

Members dont see this ad

Bought some gear to make hard fuel lines, just cheap tools to do the job, 1st pick was first attemp but 2nd pick I redone the return line to surge tank as wasn't happy. Hard line looks neat but who ever says its easy to bend up a maze of hard line is kidding them selves.

The big fuel system is all -8 it's abit over kill but will be plentiful for e85 and chasing the 500-600 engine hp figure so bit keen to finish it.

I know it's nothing special compared to some builds and seem to get ʞ©$ɟ all replys but I just hope to help and give ideas to other home builders on here.

post-17874-0-94025000-1379909142_thumb.jpg

post-17874-0-60246100-1379909199_thumb.jpg

I know it's nothing special compared to some builds and seem to get ʞ©$ɟ all replys but I just hope to help and give ideas to other home builders on here.

Unfortunately decent tech builds don't get many replies. Unless it has pretty pictures of -34 dished hectic wheels. gonna be an awesome car. I wish I had a better base to work with.

Unfortunately decent tech builds don't get many replies. Unless it has pretty pictures of -34 dished hectic wheels. gonna be an awesome car. I wish I had a better base to work with.

Feral4K and I were discussing this topic of people blowing over non "hetic JDM threads" Sunday. Just change the thread title to "JDM Ke-20 with moar flat cap ca-18 drift hack". Watch the comments and views fly then! Hahaha

Back to topic.

Nice job on the fuel system, hard lines that size are a pain! Try doing them out of 5/8" food grade stainless! God that was fun(ye old sand bending techniques helped heaps that day) I'm going full teflon braid for my 11, it's dearer but will take me a couple of hours compared to a couple of days to do.

I can't see it being too difficult to make 500hp on 98 let alone cheat85.

How big are the camshafts?

Edited by kickn5k
  • Upvote 1

thanks guys for the response, least i know someone is looking at it a little, just want to give and get ideas.

haha i guess i could put some big shit wheels on it for them young kids liking that stretch tyre crap.

i do have alot of teflon braid with nylon but going to use it only from firewall where hard line ends to engine then back to reg, only where the movement will be in engine. i did want to go braid but then had to clamp it down as i like the clean out of the way look.

i thought i would be pushing it to make 600 engine hp but thats the plan, i have tomei 270 8.8 cams in it, i got no doubt the engine will make some decent power at 8000rpm and 20-25 pound

thanks guys for the response, least i know someone is looking at it a little, just want to give and get ideas.

You are doing some cool fab work that is well worth reading, I'm sure people are enjoying the build. Nice job! :y:

Can't say I love the gearbox choice though.

• 3 months later...

Been busy and away for awhile and built a bombed up original Honda z50j and been having too much fun cruising the streets with a mate with one. But couple of small things done. Vinyl wrapped dash Matt black which came up alright. Cut front radiator support out and redone it and mounted a eBay special intercooler. Made some custom engine mounts using some patrol bushes and machined sleeves, bit overkill but should never break.

post-17874-0-15471600-1389790328_thumb.jpg