Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Raven's Ke36 Panel Van

Featured Replies

  • Author

Just picked up my new motor today from Turbo_Rolla.

 

Comes complete with air-con compressor bracket (supercharger eh? :)), GT40 coil, dizzy, leads and thats about it :)

 

I didnt require the manifolds as I'll be getting rid of the emissions stuff from this motor. :(

  • Replies 143
  • Views 44.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Howd u go getting it home this morning after you ran outa fuel??? LOL

 

The 86 cruse i told you about when i seen u was pretty ghey

  • Author

****Quick update!****

 

Pulled time timing cover off today to find a nice double row timing chain sitting there for me! :)

 

Next weeked will be my chance to fit the front seal and gasket, lube up the timing chain, get a new sump gasket, and degrease it and slap it all back together.

 

Fingers crossed it should be running by next Sunday.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Work hasnt paid me, which sucks as I was hoping to have it driving this weekend.

 

That said, all that is left is to get the flywheel machined and lightened, a new clutch, bolt the 5 speed to the motor, bolt the starter motor on, put it all back together and fill it all up with the correct fluids and turn the key.

 

So fingers crossed work pays me early next week so I can get this car running and work on lowering the back end and locking the diff :)

Edited by Raven

  • Author

I got paid today. So i went on a spending spree.

 

I should have it driving by Saturday arvo I hope.

 

Pictures tell a thousand words:

 

post-600-1166598151_thumb.jpg post-600-1166598194_thumb.jpg

 

Had my flywheel lightened a little (1st Pic) and then had it machined for the clutch side (2nd Pic)

 

post-600-1166598338_thumb.jpg post-600-1166598361_thumb.jpg

 

RPM Heavy Duty Clutch

  • Author

Well, its running but not driving.

 

After getting it all together, the car decides that it wants to be a bitch when engaging gears.

 

In saying that, yes I have put the clutch in the right way (as far as the dodgy gregory's manual tells me).

 

So does anyone have any ideas on what could be the issue with it not engaging gears properly at all?

  • Author
Clutch fork, throwout bearing....

 

Clutch alignment?

 

Gearbox selectors?

 

Clutch fork and throwout bearing are fine

 

Clutch was aligned before i put the gearbox on the motor

 

The selector shaft seems fine....

  • Author

Double-checked the gearbox before i put it in and removed the clutch fork as well.

 

Actually....now you got me thinking.

 

What IF I had used the 4 speed clutch fork in the 5 Speed gearbox? Would that f@$k things up?

is the clutch cable adjusted right???

like have you pulled it right out so theres only a tiny bit of play at the bottom and then but the clips on?

i had this proble with mine before i adjusted it properly,

  • Author

If I pull the cable all the way out, there is physically no where to place the E-clip (americans call 'em Lock Washers :ninja:).

 

Will have to try again next weekend.

 

I'm just wondering if there is a physical difference between a K40 and K50 clutch fork.

Edited by Raven

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.