Raven's Ke36 Panel Van

Raven

Just picked up my new motor today from Turbo_Rolla.

Comes complete with air-con compressor bracket (supercharger eh? :)), GT40 coil, dizzy, leads and thats about it :)

I didnt require the manifolds as I'll be getting rid of the emissions stuff from this motor. :(

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

****Quick update!****

Pulled time timing cover off today to find a nice double row timing chain sitting there for me! :)

Next weeked will be my chance to fit the front seal and gasket, lube up the timing chain, get a new sump gasket, and degrease it and slap it all back together.

Fingers crossed it should be running by next Sunday.

• 2 weeks later...

Work hasnt paid me, which sucks as I was hoping to have it driving this weekend.

That said, all that is left is to get the flywheel machined and lightened, a new clutch, bolt the 5 speed to the motor, bolt the starter motor on, put it all back together and fill it all up with the correct fluids and turn the key.

So fingers crossed work pays me early next week so I can get this car running and work on lowering the back end and locking the diff :)

Edited by Raven

I got paid today. So i went on a spending spree.

I should have it driving by Saturday arvo I hope.

Pictures tell a thousand words:

post-600-1166598151_thumb.jpg post-600-1166598194_thumb.jpg

Had my flywheel lightened a little (1st Pic) and then had it machined for the clutch side (2nd Pic)

post-600-1166598338_thumb.jpg post-600-1166598361_thumb.jpg

RPM Heavy Duty Clutch

Well, its running but not driving.

After getting it all together, the car decides that it wants to be a bitch when engaging gears.

In saying that, yes I have put the clutch in the right way (as far as the dodgy gregory's manual tells me).

So does anyone have any ideas on what could be the issue with it not engaging gears properly at all?

Double-checked the gearbox before i put it in and removed the clutch fork as well.

Actually....now you got me thinking.

What IF I had used the 4 speed clutch fork in the 5 Speed gearbox? Would that f@$k things up?

If I pull the cable all the way out, there is physically no where to place the E-clip (americans call 'em Lock Washers :ninja:).

Will have to try again next weekend.

I'm just wondering if there is a physical difference between a K40 and K50 clutch fork.

Edited by Raven