Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke30 3Sgte Racecar

Featured Replies

  • Replies 302
  • Views 610.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • This is looking good mate. I went and spoke to a fabricator I know about doing this for my coupe.. Hah aahhh I don't think il be going that path. Il just look on at yours with envy

  • Tough_little_ke20
    Tough_little_ke20

    Well, big day on the car today, extremely happy with the progress, got the welding finished, primer on, chassis blck on and the irs in with the car back on the ground, very exited

  • Tough_little_ke20
    Tough_little_ke20

    Started on the front end, machined up some spacers so I could put rose joints in for the inner joint of the lover control arm, gonna make up some dummy control arms with some flat bar so I can work ou

Posted Images

  • Author

Started on the front end, machined up some spacers so I could put rose joints in for the inner joint of the lover control arm, gonna make up some dummy control arms with some flat bar so I can work out the proper arms, the engine and gearbox is also back in

post-12610-0-04445100-1401278252_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-22834200-1401278293_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-59052200-1401278422_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-07740600-1401278538_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-77041400-1401278613_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-28465500-1401278658_thumb.jpg

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

So I got my ass into gear today and did something, I made up some rough lca's on my lunch break so I can get the front wheels on the ground too and sit the car on the aligner and work out the lengths for the real arms. About time it did something, I've been too busy dealing with other cars, bought a ta22 wreck cheap for it's 2t, t50 and diff to go in my ke70 as a PRC rally car, that build if scheduled for after this 30 is done

post-12610-0-87519900-1403097436_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-99093000-1403097788_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-11393300-1403097905_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-26262000-1403098055_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-05734500-1403098119_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-66263000-1403098271_thumb.jpg

Just wondering, Have you re-enforced the shock mount on the swingarm at all? I personally broke one running s13 coilovers in the back of my Ra65..

 

Replaced the swingarm and the bracket on the other side bent.. They really aren't designed to have the full force on the little pathetic bracket..

 

May not be as bad with ke30 as it weighs a lot less but they have the issue with celica gt-s's in the states a lot too

  • Author

I did think about it but I think it will be alright considering it's a track car not rally but if it's not up to the challenge I'll reinforce it

I think in a ke3x you may be okay, If you were running coilovers it'd be a problem, My cars broke 2 1/2 and bent 2 in 12 months so i switched to BC racing coilovers and haven't had an issue.

 

Also Raptor racing sell weld on camber adjustment kits for the rear end and Weir make a shim kit for MA61 LSD which is direct bolt in if you need either.. My LSD has so much more grip now, It's almost welded! For $200 was awesome

  • Author

Ok thanks, I've been told the gt4 centre fits, do you know if that's true or if there's any quality difference in the supra and gt4 diffs?

Not sure, I haven't heard that personally.. Do you know if your rear end came out of a 2.0 carby or 2.4 efi car? If it's 2.0L it'll have smaller T series diff which supposedly altezza centre fits

 

The ma61 diff i have now is great, My diff has had 330kw through it for a year and no issues at all. It's starting to get a little noisy now 'cause i've been pretty hard on it but it's never been rebuilt from what i can see.. Never once broken an axle or anything..

 

There's lots of 1UZ and 1JZ swapped celicas and cressidas running standard ma61 diffs with no issues, Some make pretty massive power too

  • Author

That's awesome, all I know is the rear end is out of an ra65 celica and the ratio is 3.7:1

Judging from the amount of bolt holes in the top and the frame looks to be F series (Ra65) Looks from the size to definitely be that too.

 

T series is much smaller and from memory has 3 bolts holding it to the frame at the top.

 

Ma61 LSD will swap straight in there, Using your existing axles etc and everything. Axles are same as ma61. Will be direct swap.

 

I paid $200 for an entire ma61 rear cradle with whiteline swaybar, lsd diff and superpro bushed everything.. So i can't imagine the lsd diffs being too expensive

Yeah it's interchangable no problems, Usually everyone just sells them as a complete F series diff i've seen

  • Author

Yep sounds good, I'd swap the centre though because I've sandblasted and painted the housing already

Ahhh yeah that's a good point. I'm about to pull my diff out and crack it open. I'll take a couple photo's if you like or i might even be able to send you the LSD cause i got a TruTrac here i'm looking to use eventually

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.