Ke30 3Sgte Racecar

Members dont see this ad
  • 3 weeks later...

So I got my ass into gear today and did something, I made up some rough lca's on my lunch break so I can get the front wheels on the ground too and sit the car on the aligner and work out the lengths for the real arms. About time it did something, I've been too busy dealing with other cars, bought a ta22 wreck cheap for it's 2t, t50 and diff to go in my ke70 as a PRC rally car, that build if scheduled for after this 30 is done

post-12610-0-87519900-1403097436_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-99093000-1403097788_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-11393300-1403097905_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-26262000-1403098055_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-05734500-1403098119_thumb.jpg

post-12610-0-66263000-1403098271_thumb.jpg

Just wondering, Have you re-enforced the shock mount on the swingarm at all? I personally broke one running s13 coilovers in the back of my Ra65..

Replaced the swingarm and the bracket on the other side bent.. They really aren't designed to have the full force on the little pathetic bracket..

May not be as bad with ke30 as it weighs a lot less but they have the issue with celica gt-s's in the states a lot too

I think in a ke3x you may be okay, If you were running coilovers it'd be a problem, My cars broke 2 1/2 and bent 2 in 12 months so i switched to BC racing coilovers and haven't had an issue.

Also Raptor racing sell weld on camber adjustment kits for the rear end and Weir make a shim kit for MA61 LSD which is direct bolt in if you need either.. My LSD has so much more grip now, It's almost welded! For $200 was awesome

Not sure, I haven't heard that personally.. Do you know if your rear end came out of a 2.0 carby or 2.4 efi car? If it's 2.0L it'll have smaller T series diff which supposedly altezza centre fits

The ma61 diff i have now is great, My diff has had 330kw through it for a year and no issues at all. It's starting to get a little noisy now 'cause i've been pretty hard on it but it's never been rebuilt from what i can see.. Never once broken an axle or anything..

There's lots of 1UZ and 1JZ swapped celicas and cressidas running standard ma61 diffs with no issues, Some make pretty massive power too

Judging from the amount of bolt holes in the top and the frame looks to be F series (Ra65) Looks from the size to definitely be that too.

T series is much smaller and from memory has 3 bolts holding it to the frame at the top.

Ma61 LSD will swap straight in there, Using your existing axles etc and everything. Axles are same as ma61. Will be direct swap.

I paid $200 for an entire ma61 rear cradle with whiteline swaybar, lsd diff and superpro bushed everything.. So i can't imagine the lsd diffs being too expensive

Ahhh yeah that's a good point. I'm about to pull my diff out and crack it open. I'll take a couple photo's if you like or i might even be able to send you the LSD cause i got a TruTrac here i'm looking to use eventually