Mr2 Aw11 Rear Shock Inserts

shiryo

Hello Gents,

After a week of ringing what seems like evryone in the Melbourne Metro area, I have had NO luck chasing down the required MR2 Aw11 (85-86) rear shock inserts to build my ke30 coilovers with.

I don't want to have to order from overseas if I can help it, I'm pushing for time at the moment and would prefer local supply.

After reading many threads, I know Tokico and KYB make them.

Nobody locally seems to be able to get Tokico, and those who can get KYB are useless thus far - plus the website only has listings for SW20 onwards.

Can someone please provide me with either:

- somewhere within Melbourne that can source them

- online Australian website you can buy from

- another suitable alternative (I heard VN Commo will work?)

Thanks in advance guys.

Josh

Members dont see this ad

I doubt VN Commodore inserts will fit, but go to the wreckers and check if they are the right size.

Not all KYB dampers are available in Australia. So if KYB do make AW11 dampers, just get them from overseas. They will be the same price if not cheaper. But make sure you contact the supplier to confirm the size of the damper, I recall another member on here ordered AW11 dampers from overseas with the intention of using them in KE20 struts, only to find they were the wrong size when they got here.

Edit: The part numbers I found for AW11 KYB Excel-G dampers are 363045 (front) and 363046 (rear). And they are not available in Australia as far as I know. They don't seem to come in the KYB AGX version either.

Edited by rian

The part numbers I quoted are for AW11 1985-86 models in America. I'm not sure if that corresponds to the same year model in Australia or if we got them a year later or something. So I'd definitely try and get the dimensions from the supplier before ordering.

Edited by rian

Funny that, I've rung multiple Pedders and none have been able to even source a listing for the required shocks.

Perhaps they have supplied you the latter ones to suit the 51mm housing.

Plenty of the old Datsun boys simply just get the wet legs reco'd and modified to suit their needs and at around the same cost as new inserts or cheaper, seems a viable choice.

Hey mate,

I'm also looking into a set of these for the front of my KE20.

The best prices I have found are either on this site;

http://www.jcwhitney.com/gr-2-strut-inserts/p2017685.jcwx?skuId=1183024&filterid=d2181y1985g7j1

Or Summit;

http://www.summitracing.com/search/department/chassis-suspension/part-type/shocks-and-struts/make/toyota/model/mr2/year/1985

Cheers