1975 Ke20 "rally Rolla"

SM Hunter

Okay, yeah iv been doing some carbs on motorbikes i know how a overflow outlet works :) but i don't think its jammed since gas is commin out from both :) so its either supposed to be like this or I'm running to high pressure, I'm thinking for a start I'm going to add clear hoses into can and see how much is coming out when I'm driving, then if its WAY to much I'm running to much pressure, then i MAY be able to block them of and the carbs MAY not overflow.. but i think blocking them leads to failture.. so the best way would be to get a lower PSI pump / or a fuel regulator and a return line.. ill think about it for some days and research a bit about the carbs :)

anyways

made a throttle wire holder

IMG_3987_zps789d024c.jpg

the red ones are the return lines, yellow one i don't know? anyone knows?

IMG_3988_zps4b957508.jpg

and hooked up my tacho, i need some dubble sided tape , i don't want to put screws thourgh my steering column cover :)

IMG_3990_zps094cac7b.jpg

going to town with some friends tomorow so ill be buying transmition oil and anti freeze :)

had a friend over the other day, what a beauty! we painted the rims white because they where black and rusty :)

IMG_3966_zps5f34db51.jpg

and yeah Altezzaclub its running 1 Stormberg SU carb ;) runs overrated!

Volvo142_zpsf9b9e368.jpg

Edited by SM Hunter

Members dont see this ad

I found that a fuel return line helped a lot with maintaining a steady fuel pressure in my setup, despite having a low pressure pump. A FPR is also your friend, as these carbs generally don't like more than 2psi.

Edit: Aren't the red circles in your photo the fuel bowl vent lines, so the bowls don't pressurise? If fuel's coming out of those, dare say the pressure's too high.

Edited by carbonboy

Iv bought a Honda bike pump.. :) will se how that works :)

It running great! both idle and rev! no bogging or anything :D

i have a problem tho.. one of the choke brass tubes have snapped... so i need to block off the choke on cylinder number 1.. :)

Jacked it up to change transmition oil

IMG_3992_zps8400a1b2.jpg

IMG_3993_zpse0e0eb55.jpg

testing the overflow... it goes halfway up the tubes ..

IMG_3995_zps17024528.jpg

here is the brass tube that have snapped...

IMG_3996_zps366e09bb.jpg

juup, thats my guess aswell, hoping for it to be the fuel pump, iv got a Honda 600 pump in the mail some place in Asia right now :)

anyways.. put my mid 80's mud & snow tires at the rear and took it for a spin..

the carbs shake so much that the throttle wire pops off so i made a bracket to fix them to the engine :)

IMG_4016_zps40aba07b.jpg

IMG_4017_zpsa5a3a777.jpg

Ill never get tired of looking at the carbs

IMG_4012_zpsdda25f14.jpg

test fitted my bumper with sport lights to make holes in the licence plate in the right place,i need to trim the plate a bit to fit 100%...

IMG_4011_zps8fd1120c.jpg

iv got another problem aswell.. a smal oil leak at the sump.. :(

• 2 months later...

Fist, i got my drivers lisence 9. april , woho!

Got hold of "new" engine from a ke30, got it for 1500 NOK- 250 AUD... i had a oil leak and i managed to snap a spark plug in hte threads so i think i have to take the had off..

soo here it is... all orginal 3k.. P.o said it only had 60k's on it but i don't thust him...

IMG_4329_zpsmkcnaiap.jpg

my beauty... this wil go back in some day.. but if i get enough money for a 4age ill go that route instead..

IMG_4328_zpsglmkotme.jpg

Getting some help from a friend.. :)

IMG_4326_zpsjbffmqby.jpg

20. april... REGO!

IMG_4367_zpszypbk7dl.jpg

It's now safe to say the "new" engine is dead, i think a rod flew through the side of the block last night.. it has been knocking since the first start, the guy i bought it of only started it with a rusted exhaust so he did not hear it... :( i have found a new engine + gearbox for like 150$ so I'm not that angry, it was an experience blowing it up.. :) iv also talked to a guy selling a 4age from a ae86 with wire loom ecu gearbox etc.. for 2500$.. ill try to get it a bit cheaper but il see.. il atleast buy a new 3k first.. :)

ill try to snap a few pics later today :)

Thanks, there is a few things I'm worried about tho, like the tailshaft... what do you guys do with the tailshaft when putting a4age into a ke20.. i have a TA60 axle that fits the t50 box.. could i use that? or do i need the back end of a ke70 axle and the front of a ae86?

Don't worry about the driveshaft, its one of the simpler issues. You will end up with a whatever gearbox (T50?) and a whatever diff (T-series?) and all you need are suitable ends and the distance between them. The rest is just money.

Over here the 4AGE uses the T50, so that is the front. The diff could be T-series or Borgwarner, and they have different flanges. We're fitting a J160 6-speed onto the 4AGE, so we will have an Altezza front and a T-series rear on the driveshaft.

actually I'm planning to run the stock diff, i have a TA60 diff, driveshaft T50 gearbox laying arround... the engine already comes with a T50, TA60 driveshaft, KP61 engie mounts and a few engine crossmenmbers

I'm worried that the ta60 diff is too wide... i have wheels that have both 4x114 and 4x110 so wheels whould be no problem if i swap the rear axle :)

This is going out! did not even take me an hour to take it out now, i know every nut and bolt...

IMG_4460_zpsv8tkgp1j.jpg

bonet is going off

IMG_4461_zpso24t9zvj.jpg

radiator out

IMG_4464_zpsglfzkucf.jpg

Oil press, water temp, coil cable, fuel line, clutch wire, earthing..

IMG_4465_zpssqlitikv.jpg

heater

IMG_4466_zps5whknqfp.jpg

choke og throttle wire

IMG_4468_zpshmj56ho8.jpg

gearlever

IMG_4469_zps28ewhoki.jpg

reversewires and speedometerwire

IMG_4471_zpsbqhrvppl.jpg

gearboxoil, motoroil and gearboxmounts

IMG_4472_zps0mqwhyeb.jpg

exhaustbolts

IMG_4476_zps4ivaii18.jpg

3 cables to the starter and 2 conectors to the alternator and enginemounts.. then its out

IMG_4477_zps3tnl5e4z.jpg

my sump.. it has 2 of theese

IMG_4480_zpsxkomjnbc.jpg

IMG_4483_zpsj3ir21ny.jpg

IMG_4484_zpsjodzqnuq.jpg

IMG_4485_zps8yti705y.jpg

6 hours drive tomorow to pick up a 150$ engine... :)