Racing

Members dont see this ad

I was looking into doing sprints at morgan park and everyone i have asked said i need a cams licence

Both of my bosses and a few mates do sprints at Warwick and they don't have a cams licence. Only need it to do cams events.

it depends on the track and who is running the event, at winton they do sprints, you need a AASA licence, its $50 for a year, in a week or so i'm doing a sprint at phillip island, i need a cams licence for that, its a level 2 speed licence ($100), i think you can do any sort of sprint racing and other things with it apart from aasa events, but you can't do full racing as in all cars taking off at once, where as most sprints its 1 or 2 cars at a time and results are from track position rather than lap times like sprints

where as most sprints its 1 or 2 cars at a time and results are from track position rather than lap times like sprints

...and you don't get other people running into your precious as they use you for braking, or spinning right in front of you so you can't miss them, or pushing you off the track as make a slight misjudgement...

Alright people, I've done a little bit of research into doing motor sport in QLD.

The normal requirements for road registered cars being used in motor sport are:

- CAMS license to suit whatever motor sport you're doing

- being a member of whatever car club is holding the event

- a CTP insurance extension for the day (you call your insurer within 30 days of the event to organise the extension for the day, some insurers will extend your CTP for the day for free, some insurers charge $10. You need to get the extension every time you attend a motor sport event)

- safety gear: helmet, long sleeves/suit etc, whatever the car club holding the event specify

Also on the topic of motor sport, is anyone on here a member of the Holden Sporting Car Club of QLD or any other car club in QLD that hold motor sport events?

I'm interested in joining a car club to do some motorkhana events, I know that the Holden Sporting Car Club does motorkhana events at Willowbank but I don't know about any other clubs around here.

• Upvote 1