Betsy - The Little Ke30 That Knew She Could

Robski

I believe the LSD centre is a cone type, as I'm running an falcon centre I'm not sure if they are all they same but would assume they are. they can be shimmed up so they are tight. I think KAAZ does a clutch style option for the BW78. If any of that helps

Edited by OKE055

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got a couple of hours today so I finished cleaning up the inside floor and primed the rest. Got to try out the new spray gun. Worked well and is so much quicker than using spray packs.

post-16959-0-28381100-1392266633_thumb.jpgpost-16959-0-69572200-1392266685_thumb.jpg

As well as the boot area.

post-16959-0-15346900-1392266662_thumb.jpg

And here is another pic of the engine bay.

post-16959-0-91331700-1392266711_thumb.jpg

He is going to use a rb20det gearbox. Will come out in the stock position.

The RB20 Gearbox brings the shifting position back around 50mm towards the front of the carfrom that of the SR20 Gearbox. This will still need modification and cutting.

is there a reason you etch primed inside before modifying the gearbox tunnel for shifter hole?

just curious

However the reason for the Etch Primer on the entire flooring was due to not knowing how long it will take to get to the engine/gearbox. Presently I am going to be focused on bodywork and do not want any unnecessary rust coming through the flooring (which is still in great condition for the age of the car). So the Rust Converter and Primer is more of a preventative measure while other things are on the go. Maybe some people see this as a unnecessary step but I see it as protecting the investment of a great condition car.

Thanks for the feedback guys

Not 100% sure yet. I could go one of two ways.

Option 1: Choose a colour that is the modern version of the original but has a metallic finish (I know the BF Falcon had a similar colour).

Option 2: Celestial Blue (a Mazda colour)

I am leaning towards Option 1 however I would like to know what your thoughts are.

I am also open to any other suggestions at this stage.

Did you work out wheel offset yet or you too busy with the body work?

From what I have been hearing and the calculations I have made. I believe that 15x7 (ET 0) front and 15x8 (ET 0) rear should fit.

Do you know if you gunna two pack it or acrylic it yourself?

As for the paint. I have very limited funds so I'm considering doing a Japanese / Rat Rod style (this is only an idea at the moment) so that I can allocate more funds into the other (more important) areas like suspension, engine and drive line.

If I do go for the Japanese / Rat Rod concept then it WILL be bold and a love it or hate it car.