Corona Owners? Who Owns One ?

mexr69

Members dont see this ad

Nah, no-one owns them, horrible things!

I just wanted to get in before Insanity comes along and goes on for ages about how wonderful they are and how many different ones are stacked up on the farm in various sheds! Personally, anything with leaf springs is horrible!

So you've got one of the better ones there, and for what you paid its a good buy. I think he paid more for his rims than you paid for your car, certainly if you add in tyres... You've probably seen his build here-

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/60067-grumpy-the-jdm-rt104-corona/page__hl__%20grumpy

I just wanted to get in before Insanity comes along and goes on for ages about how wonderful they are and how many different ones are stacked up on the farm in various sheds! Personally, anything with leaf springs is horrible!

So you've got one of the better ones there, and for what you paid its a good buy. I think he paid more for his rims than you paid for your car, certainly if you add in tyres... You've probably seen his build here-

http://www.rollaclub...ge__hl__ grumpy

This model doesn't have leaf spring ;)

Yeah I got one, they are pretty cool. Bit of an acquired taste.

Aren't some of that model corona irs as we'll? I'm surprised they aren't more popular. Would be way better than a ke70 standard. That 22re engine would push it along alright?

They aren't really that easy on the eye though...

Yeah some are IRS. They are starting to get a bit more popular now, IMO way better than a ke70.

http://www.rollaclub...ge__hl__ grumpy

Haha harsh quote son! ronalyf!!!

Aren't some of that model corona irs as we'll? I'm surprised they aren't more popular. Would be way better than a ke70 standard. That 22re engine would push it along alright?

They aren't really that easy on the eye though...

yeah mines IRS goes very very well !! you'll be suprised really.. 22re such a good engine probably the quickest 4cyl in the 80s ? :P lol

here is my 2 good coronas, i have 4 but the other 2 are just spares, i drive the green rt80 and i'm probs gonna do up the rt81 one day, not a great pic but still, i like the older coronas mainly because they are pretty uncommon, only really like the shape of the 1970-1973 ones though, but still any car done right can look good!

post-15067-0-41049600-1379887562.jpg

Yeahhhh I got one, used to have an RT142 skidder, that went pretty good. More into the classics though. So I'm currently enjoying this little beast :)

post-17081-0-45099900-1379846335_thumb.jpg

very very nice man! did you restore her?

i got one for a daily, she's a wet weather bandit.

have you thought of lowing it ? if so what springs are you going with?

very very nice man! did you restore her?

have you thought of lowing it ? if so what springs are you going with?

I've done a bit - but not all. It already had a respray before I bought it. I've done all the other stuff, painted underneath the car and all the suspension (looks pretty schmick) got new venetians, new Whitewalls, found some nos hubcaps, took the motor out and painted it, detailed the engine bay and changed pretty much EVERYTHING serviceable in the engine, brakes and suspension department :) runs like a new car.

It's funny, so many people say they hate Coronas, when I tell them I drive a 1973 Corona they don't get excited at all.. Then they see it and they froth. They hate on them without even knowing what they are hahaha ahhhhh well. I'm a happy man :)

I've done a bit - but not all. It already had a respray before I bought it. I've done all the other stuff, painted underneath the car and all the suspension (looks pretty schmick) got new venetians, new Whitewalls, found some nos hubcaps, took the motor out and painted it, detailed the engine bay and changed pretty much EVERYTHING serviceable in the engine, brakes and suspension department :) runs like a new car.

It's funny, so many people say they hate Coronas, when I tell them I drive a 1973 Corona they don't get excited at all.. Then they see it and they froth. They hate on them without even knowing what they are hahaha ahhhhh well. I'm a happy man :)

love your car!

shes so beautiful!!!!!!, what did you pay for her ?

Edited by mexr69