Ke55 Coupe Daily Driver

beerhead

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet, pulled of the front wheels today, what a lovely surprise.

A MA40 / corona non vented front end was hiding there! :P

I was wondering why the ride height was so high with "lowered" springs

Cool Rolla__Boy, I'll have to take you up on that sometime soon.

Someone put a dent in Pinky!!! And no, those aren't SAAS racing seats, they're out of a Civic, and yes I put them in there too. Looks like the car is exactly as I sold it ages ago, except now it seems to be missing the air filter. Engine etc looks like the same one too. And if it is, no it's not an import 4K, it's a HiCam 4K out of a KE70.

Yes, I custom fitted the tacho (out of a Corona), yes it has a fuel/temp gauge where the clock used to be, out of an RA23 (?) Celica. It used to have the jellybeans that are on Haikal's car now, but I sold it with those stocko rims. Yes, I also did the round headlight conversion (with the help of Jamie and Lucky), and also the Corona brake conversion, as well as the larger master cylinder out of a Pajero. And yes I also redid a fair number of the bushes with poly ones. Good score! Take care of lil Pinky...

Edited by demuire

Lolz, a rolla club beast returns :P

The engine appears to be a van motor, a KE70 air box rocker cover breather thingo interfere's with carby, unless it's a corona one you threw on it :) Pajero master on it :P I wondered what the deal was. Yeah wasn't too sure about the seats, but they sure are comfy. Your pix show just how clean she was originally, and I was wondering who would go to all the effort with an external temp controller for the radiator and the thermo. Can't wait to see where this old girl goes, gonna give the 55 all the love in the world :P

• 3 months later...

I went to the importers today to score a bigport 4age to bolt in my corolla. They were all so weathered and crusty that I walked out with a 20V silvertop, loom, ecu, afm, and cut loom :hmm: . Damn I know how to make work for myself.

mmm, I can smell a money pit coming on!

Edited by beerhead

This is a message to anyone who's done a silvertop conversion in RWD with a standard computer

Which bloody water kit really works?

I've read too many conflicting opinions as to whether a standard ecu will work ok. If you've done this conversion, I'd like to hear your opinion. Leaning towards a kellam kit for now.