Clown

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i dunno if its still for sale but i wished i had the money to buy this car...

http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index....showtopic=89683

i was thinking about flying down to have a look at it, but decided my money was spent elsewhere

theres also a black one on carsales with vip kit looks nice as. its like 10000 or somethin coz they havnt complied it.

such nice nice cars :P

Edited by love ke70

i've seen a few overrated cars on j-spec (all be it the canadian version) and for around 7k on road in australia. I've got 12k on the mr2 as is, price will go up a bit when it gets turbo'd.

The one above that you posted love ke70 is pretty much on the money, maybe a little more subtle front bar though.

I worked for a holden dealership here in South Aus, would be the biggest one in SA and sorry to say, but those GM V8's have A LOT of issues and get A LOT of warranty jobs.

Stick with the Lexus V8. Nicer engine IMHO.

yeah, who would own a pushrod motor hey.

Seeing as this site is basically built around the reliability of the 4k PUSHROD motor, it's probably best to respect the old design.

They are reliable! Yes, they are low power vs engine size, but they are also low fuel consumption for their size too.

I like my 4K cos it's reliable and powerful enough and cheap.

If i ever owned a V8 i would want it to be a pushrod. Low tech, big V8 rumble.

Just cos its your opinion that pushrod motors are no good doesn't make it so.

pushrod V8s are horn!

bring back the days of carbied V8s rolling out the factory with a tick over so low, and so much air being moved that you can hear each. individual. firing. stroke.

nothing beats it, seriously!

V8 pushrod muscle all the feking way!

and you want big motors for big torque, not to rev the shit out of and get big hp.

hp is only torque x revs anyway, so its the low revving nature of these engines that make their power figures look quite low. but without torque you aint gonna move your shit anywhere!

you must not forget that in sheer size, the push rod engines are smaller than ohc, the ohc heads are heaps bigger!

and that the LS4 SS pulls a 14 flat stock, but it is about time GM got a bit more hi tech

Edited by pozman

you must not forget that in sheer size, the push rod engines are smaller than ohc, the ohc heads are heaps bigger!

and that the LS4 SS pulls a 14 flat stock, but it is about time GM got a bit more hi tech

I don't think there is such a thing as an LS4, so I'm not sure what you're talking about. Why add more technology when they are already pushing 500HP at 7000RPM in the LS7, a 7L V8 which weighs less than a 1UZ, pushrods and all.

Edited by mrselfdestruct