Ke30 Grill

Dzhoel

Members dont see this ad

An all-black grille would make the detail difficult to see whilst on the road. I think it would make the car look like it was missing a grill, or had something else like dodgy cheap mesh.

I would want a grille to have a bit of definition, to carry the lines that the grille shape is in, but not so much that the grille stands out and pulls attention away from the car. You want the grille to complement the car, not draw attention away from the car.

When you buy a new grille they are a light gunmetal grey color, I think this would suit, but also keep the chrome bits as chrome - that is the headlight rings and the badge highlights.

Painting the grille body color or too-light a color would look funny. Some people go for this look, along with body-colored bumpers and modern looking mags, but that's really more an 80s or 90s look and I don't think it really suits a 70s classic car like these.

At the end of the day, it's your car, do what you like and not what people on the internet tell you to do. If you try something and it sucks just paint over it or get a new grille from the wreckers, they're like 20 bucks.

Phil's Rotaries sells the other good looking KE3x grille for 100 bucks (doesn't come with badge). Last time I was there, they said their current shipment of KE30 grilles would be the last ones they're bringing in.

Edited by Super Jamie

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, tracked down a different ke30 grill in my area for $20

What do you guys think? Its not in properly because the original grill had clips to hold it in at the bottom, but this grill needs screws

Why were there different styles of grills, does it mean anything depending on what grill it is?

post-21453-0-12054800-1420281967_thumb.jpg

post-21453-0-26864000-1420281984_thumb.jpg

99% sure your original grill is the late ke30 style, where as the other is usually on the early ke30 corollas.

The dash is the other major style that changes between early and late ke30's.

A whole can of worms is opened if you bring the ke55 styles into the equation.

The dash is the other major style that changes between early and late ke30's.

Thats another thing i was curious about, alot of the wrecking corollas in my area have a different dash to mine aswell

I would like to know more about those aswell

Mines like this one

post-21453-0-82950200-1420297481.jpg

But most others i see are like this

post-21453-0-09371400-1420297485_thumb.jpg