Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Whats A Ta22 Rear End Worth?

Featured Replies

in my opinion. Youll also need rear part of driveshaft to suit whatever diff youre getting

 

Tojo is right- the flange on your driveshaft will not fit the T-series pinion flange, and the UJ is a different size too. You will need the rear end of a T-series driveshaft to be welded onto yours, whiich adds another $250 to the project.

  • Author

Can of worms!

Thanks for you input guys, I found another TA22 but the guy wants $400, I also rang a heap of wreckers in Melbourne and they all laughed at me. Anyone have the name of a wrecker that may have something?

 

I definitely won't weld it, last time I drove a welded diff on the road was 15 years ago and even I thought it was pretty dodgy back then in my bogan youth days!

What have you done to the car to warrant needing upgrading the diff out of interest?

  • Author

Worked 5K, getting some wheel spin from start and during some cornering in the hills.

Ah so its more about having an LSD than necessarily a beefier diff.

 

There isn't really a cheap way out of acquiring something with an LSD.

 

I think in terms of longevity and serviceability getting a R31 diff converted to LSD and installed in the Corolla is probably the way to go, though they are a heavy ass thing.

 

Alternatively keeping an eye on the ae86drivingclub forums and being quick on the draw will see you acquire a relatively cheap t-series rear end complete with LSD when someone needs quick cash and is bailing out of a project.

 

There was another option that used to be talked about on these forums, but I haven't managed to use the correct search words to bring it back up - there was some place in Melbourne who were making a quasi-LSD by fitting springs or something to the stock Corolla diff. Someone else might know what I am on about....

guess youre thiking of a phantom grip lsd

There was another option that used to be talked about on these forums, but I haven't managed to use the correct search words to bring it back up - there was some place in Melbourne who were making a quasi-LSD by fitting springs or something to the stock Corolla diff. Someone else might know what I am on about....

 

Here you go Adam.

 

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/10419-limited-slip-without-changing-housing/page__fromsearch__1

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

Picked up a complete TA22 rear end from Center Road Wreckers today. $200 Thanks to Parrot for the tip off!

Nice find. Tip for ID.ing it : D is 208mm front to rear head flange and T is about. 225mm

  • 1 month later...

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.