Whats A Ta22 Rear End Worth?

in my opinion. Youll also need rear part of driveshaft to suit whatever diff youre getting

Tojo is right- the flange on your driveshaft will not fit the T-series pinion flange, and the UJ is a different size too. You will need the rear end of a T-series driveshaft to be welded onto yours, whiich adds another $250 to the project.

Members dont see this ad

Can of worms!

Thanks for you input guys, I found another TA22 but the guy wants $400, I also rang a heap of wreckers in Melbourne and they all laughed at me. Anyone have the name of a wrecker that may have something?

I definitely won't weld it, last time I drove a welded diff on the road was 15 years ago and even I thought it was pretty dodgy back then in my bogan youth days!

Ah so its more about having an LSD than necessarily a beefier diff.

There isn't really a cheap way out of acquiring something with an LSD.

I think in terms of longevity and serviceability getting a R31 diff converted to LSD and installed in the Corolla is probably the way to go, though they are a heavy ass thing.

Alternatively keeping an eye on the ae86drivingclub forums and being quick on the draw will see you acquire a relatively cheap t-series rear end complete with LSD when someone needs quick cash and is bailing out of a project.

There was another option that used to be talked about on these forums, but I haven't managed to use the correct search words to bring it back up - there was some place in Melbourne who were making a quasi-LSD by fitting springs or something to the stock Corolla diff. Someone else might know what I am on about....

There was another option that used to be talked about on these forums, but I haven't managed to use the correct search words to bring it back up - there was some place in Melbourne who were making a quasi-LSD by fitting springs or something to the stock Corolla diff. Someone else might know what I am on about....

Here you go Adam.

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/10419-limited-slip-without-changing-housing/page__fromsearch__1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...