Blzbubs Aw11

B.L.Z.BUB

Members dont see this ad

Agreed, Awesome info, thanks. I think for now I'll just get it skimmed so it's flat and worry about getting it running. The head off the GZE is a tempting idea to mod as it already has cams. This way I can take my time, it's definitely something I'd be interested in learning about and wouldn't be hard or expensive to find a head to play with.

thanks... this is what I do........ ;)

Speaking about sharp edges... I like to run my hands around all 4 of the chambers feeling for anything sharp - frequently this is caused by either miscasting, or the heads initial run through the machining equipment.

examples of what I mean by sharp edges

Top panel shows full sharp edge, lower panel shows partially removed area

chamber_edge_2_panel.jpg

The green arrow in the lower panel (photo above) points to where the pick was hanging from in the photo below

pick_hanging_from_chamber_edge.jpg

Edited by oldeskewltoy

Dropped the head off to be skimmed this afternoon. Got a bloody TNT missed delivery note so have to drive to pick up the gasket tomorrow avo. Will pick up the exhaust gasket and pipe cleaner too.

Gotta weld up the EGR hole in the exhaust or fill it full of exhaust putty. Things should move along a bit now that parts are on the horizon.

Looking at a full RCA and tie rod end kit from T3, with the full poly bush kit and the coilovers the suspension should be sorted. Will see how that handles and see what sway bar upgrades are available and whether they are worth it.

I can't find anything or anyone selling short steering arms to boost steering response, maybe there's a quick rack out there? In all honesty I haven't even got under and had a look at the geometry as I have been so disenheartened by the whole situation.

Hopefully having parts will motivate me, I'll be tapped out for cash that was meant for possible Rwc issues so hopefully the local guy isn't too harsh.

The plan is to have this driving by Sunday. I think that's a fair call, tick off a few things in the avo after work then Saturday avo.

• Upvote 1

Just sit back for minute, have a smoke.......

The Corolla is only doing this because you have that 'other' car and have been paying more attention to it. You should never make any disparaging remarks (or mention selling it) in the presence of your Corolla. Now you'll have to go out there and make nice with it, stroke it's fenders, maybe put a little air in the tires, tell it what a good car it is. Maybe read it a bedtime story out of the repair manual.

Was it actually the starter, or the key sticking? I've never had one stay on unless the ignition switch was sticking. Tiny shot of WD40 or something in the keyhole? I've been through several of the cheesy (all I can find) aftermarket switches. They fit in the dash where they should but don't have the best mechanism.

ahhh...I have a problem with the wire to the solenoid burning by the exhaust heat and coming off but then have NO start...I may be rigging a heat shield in there between the starter and the downpipe when I rebuild it soon.

If it's a black plastic box relay I bet it melted and shorted inside...did it (starter) stop by taking the key out or did you have to unhook the battery?