What Got You Into 'rollas?

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got my first car when i was ten (datsun sunny)

then i wanted a torana, couldnt find one in the paper but saw an add for an AE71 van and a ke20-----$100 each

i wanted the van and the guy said i could have the 20 aswell for $50, the guy i bought it off said the motor was fu*ked, i have used it as i for 2 years of thrashin in motorkhanas and havnt even done a thing to it, then i got another ke20 then a ke38 for $10 then another ke20 for free, then i got bit by the ke1* bug

i got a ke11, then a ke10 and then another ke20

and have collected enough ke1* and 2* parts to make nother 2 cars

i still have 4 ke's because i live on a large property there is about 25 cars at my place.......... not all mine though

its just because corollas are so cheap and readily avalible, and look Sik

It all started years ago with the exact same car I am driving now! I was in the market for a new car and I was looking at everything from corollas to commies... I had checked out multiple vn's (*cringes*), even a monaro and then a mate at work rocked up in his AE82. It was clean with rims and lowered suspension as well as a few other mods! I liked the look of it and my mate at work suggested I go and look for a twin cam. His red one at the time was a standard CSX with all the good bits from a twinky except the 4age. It still had the 4ac in it! He took me for a spin and I loved the go cart like handling of it! I then proceeded to go out and buy an original white twin cam. I had that for about 4 years and during that time my mate swapped his red one to a 20 valve! I loved my 16 valve AE82 but I loved the look of his better and with the 20v in it it made it more of a complete package. He then decided it was time to sell it ( he had owned it since new in 1988 and needed to make way for his new lexus and supra) so I made him an offer and now its mine......

the thing that got me into corollas was learning to drive in my mums corolla doing reverse donuts in my back yard when i was about 10 .lol. i thought the were the best things since sliced bread. not to mention that i thought they were the fastest things on the road......how wrong i was....no affence to anybody but its pretty true.

Edited by tmac101

Over here, Sunnys were doing well (except for this darned Charade thats been at the top for the last couple of years), and they do better on the smaller and tighter tracks. I presume that over in Adelaide you have longer sweeping tracks... the tighter tracks here make the Sunnys coil rear beat the Corollas ghey leaves...

But, they're too f@$king hard to find these days. So thats what opened my eyes to Corollas as I said before.

Dan.

not to mention that i thought they were the fastest things on the road......how wrong i was....no affence to anybody but its pretty true.

Haha, sure man, my 1.2L carby POWAAAAAH will flog any car on the road!!!!

Edited by Dan

I was looking for a sprinter as it was made by a Toyota, and I was looking for a relieable RWD car, the sprinter was cheap and fitted the roll perfectly.

The problem came about when a certain cartoon came out and everyone became tofu delivery drivers! This made finding a sprinter hard, well one that wasn't returning into the ground.

On sunny day whilst reading the classifieds I came across an add for a GP Turbo, curious and a little dissappointed as it was FWD ... I thought it would be ok to have a look and be a bit of a tire kicker, the GP was advertised for 5600.00 and my budget was 3000 max :P

I fell in love and the GP now lives in my garage... the rest is history.. :P

i first got into corollas when dan pointed some out to me an i loved there body and shape.

i then decided to buy one for junior sedans but then scraped that idea and bought a ke55 coupe for a project :P

thanks dan lol :P

Edited by figjam

My first car was a ke30. I spend over a month prep the body for a respray. 2 weeks after respray WHAMMM! some knob cuts me off and writes it over.

A month later i come across another ke30 with a 4agte

Put LSD in before upgrading it to a 4agze among other mods

4agze ke30 was written off by some know P plater crashing in my car when it was park attempting to drift

Next pick up was a 4agze AE82 with nevo pulley

Sold this to a mate to buy a 20V 4agte AE82

Intentions are now to put the 4agte into my FX-GT

Also have a ke10 which has a 4agte waiting to put into it

I have also had numerous other corolla's. Namely just a get around cars

So why corollas. Well I have never had a problem with them except those that were caused by my stupidity

I had an XY Fairmont, and some guy saw all the cars my dad used to have out the front of the house, so he knocked on the door asking if we wanted to buy this car he had, and we said no.

Then I was at work, and he saw me and told me if I wanted to take the car for free, the key was on the front tyre, and to bring a battery. So we went up there, and chucked the battery in, and it started and ran fine, so I took it home.

The car in question was a blue KE35 Hardtop, with a racing 3K and 4 speed...but the brakes were poor, the windows didn't seal, the heater didn't work...So I went in search of another body to use, so I could continue to use this car as a run-around while I fixed up my XY. What I found was my yellow KE35 coupe, and have had it now for about 8 years.

The first blue one I drove for about a year, and nothing ever went wrong with it, it was cheap as hell on petrol, and I became addicted.