What Got You Into 'rollas?

personally i just wanted something different that wasnt mazda (rx2/rx3), Datsun (1200ute and coupe/1600) or a gemini really. they are all done to death. found a rolla and now my obsession of collecting them all has netted me 12 so far to which i stillhave in the backyard

HAIL TO THE MIGHTY ROLLA :lmao:

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got given my KE70 wagon by my old man after I'd stacked my SW20, and was using it as a runabout while I rebuilt it.

Got sick of the MR2, kept the wagon, bought another KE70 to keep it company. Such bloody simple cars, fantastically easy to work on, and take a hiding and keep on ticking.

Edited by Mmm Boost

brought a girlfriend a ke 30 to teach her to drive in, she managed to put it into 1st gear at 80 kph, and nothing blew! thats when i thought these little things are ALLRIGHT! been goofing with them on and off for the last 15 years, go off and build other things for a bit but always come back when i want cheap reliable and fun oversized gocart action

My son was given a KE30 that was on its last legs.

I said I would help clean it up and sent him out

to find a donor car.

He came back with a $275 dollar KE55 which is now

the SLOTHMOBILE which is pretty well documented

here on rollaclub

Edited by SLOTH Snr

bought a rolla...........then bought 3 more :)

seriously i can't get enough of em. We may be at the bottom of the pile, but heck can i scare them commy drivers with my poopy 1.3/1.6lt paper wieght.

Edited by Biggo

Well I started noticing the rear of the KE30's, for some reason they straight away appealed to me. I have always been a fan of small, old school RWD's and these just kept growing on me.

I bought a KE30 about 4 years back after trying to find a nice one for ages, and ended up settling for a fixer upperer.

Always, been a fan of the other KE/old school rollas but KE30's will always be my favourite. Sleeper style KE10's always do it for me aswell.

Peachey

I got my corolla of my nana 2 years ago...it was in good condition just a crappy paintjob. since then i have my car audio system in and little bits here and there now i just love my corolla and spend evry spare moment doing something to her.........

i live on a mountain so i needed a really reliable car to get me up and down it everyday and I was told that corolla was the only way to go and that i'd be hard pressed to blow the engine so that was good enough for me (i'm on L plates still see so unbreakable is a good thing).

but the poor car that i ended up getting has obviously never seen a hill before in it's life (was a little old lady driver) so it probably doesn't know what hit it.

Hmmm...

How I got into Corolla's

I've grown up around cars, my dad used to be a motor trimmer by trade (closed his business in '88 or thereabouts). I can't remember anything from when he had his shop at all but he has still done the odd job for a mate at home on the weekend. He has an Austin A40 Somerset Convertible (rare, like 10 in country?) and an array of other unrestored vehicles (20 odd).

I've always had my head in car mags reading heaps, and I got given a pile of late 90's Hot 4's and fast fours mags. My brother was looking in it and showed me a sprinter with a 3S-GTE in it and said "there you go you should get one of them for a first car (at age 15). So I grew an interest in the AE86 about then and started looking on the toymods forum. Bought a front smash 86 when I was 17 and haven't done anything with it since.

Got to a few weeks before my P's test and dad coincidently bought a late front white KE70 and I killed that crappy engine in 4 weeks after getting my license coz i knew the valiant i had was getting registered and the rolla reg had 6 weeks left.

I blew it up the day b4 my AP5 Valiant got registered, man was that fun. The Valiant was a nightmare of a car that costed too much to keep going so a bit more research found the AE71 would be an easy GE conversion so i bought mine for $500, got it roadworthy and registered and have never looked back.

A car with so much potential...

• 2 years later...