Clapped out's flat knacker slapper!

Clapped out

IMAG0349.thumb.jpg.d79efbf55d12169cad45db17a7d93343.jpgIMAG0351.thumb.jpg.9e1efb45626d3052cf818965db85b505.jpg

Hiya fellow rollaclubbers!

I've had a passion for ke30's for almost 20 years now, and thought I'd post up my slow going project!😂😂 I acquired this old girl 5 years ago, after being on chassis stands for that time, it's finally rolling again!

So, the aim for this old girl, recycle and reuse the various shit loads of parts I have in my possession, and keep the build cost to an absolute minimum! This isn't going to be any show winning car, just a tidy driver!

Story so far, 

All freshly painted underneath, engine bay!

All new suspension bushes, shocks, springs, wheel bearings, running a 4.3 Borg Warner diff up back!

That's it for now, stay tuned!

IMAG0350.jpg

• Upvote 1

Members dont see this ad

Hi taz, 

I'd totally agree with you on that one, it is small, and yes, a ct12. Although it is a budget build and I've got it sitting around doing nothing so might as well use it, the motor I have for this car has everything plumbed for it.

Keep costs down!😂😂😂😂

I'm never going to dis you for turboing a k mate. Instead of the usual 'why bother, just put a 4age in it' comment.... fucking sheep. 

Just do yourself a favour and don't use anything but a stock cam. Response will be great, but top end a little dismal. Just crack another gear 😉

On 4/22/2019 at 12:24 PM, Taz_Rx said:

I'm never going to dis you for turboing a k mate. Instead of the usual 'why bother, just put a 4age in it' comment.... fucking sheep. 

Me neither, I don't even think Pozmans old high comp, bigger cams, ITB'd CA powered 55 kept up with my old budget  blown setup. That was $1250 to put together, with the tune, can't believe I sold it either. 

It should make a bucket load of torque though which will make it real fun.

Yeah taz,

the motor I'm using is pretty much stock standard, going to lock the dizzy and that's about it really. Obviously I'll throw a set of rings and bearings through it at most!

Kickn5k,

That sounds encouraging, although I will be mega happy with anything 60hp+ at the wheels!😁😁

On 4/30/2019 at 10:28 PM, Clapped out said:

Kickn5k,

That sounds encouraging, although I will be mega happy with anything 60hp+ at the wheels!😁😁

What K are you using? Should s%$t it in with a 4 or 5k. that blown 5k I had made really close to 145hp at the wheels on 11psi. All it had was a blower cam, pot screw adjustment microwreck abacus oh and stupid low comp. The sc12 is probably a bit small for a cammed 1500 too.

Just weld the wastegate shut. Let it have everything and when the turbo grenades itself just chuck a $200 eBay China special that's a touch bigger on it.

With the rate at which those things spool on a 4k, Stu.... I reckon it'll last maybe 2 or 3 boostings hahaha. I can only imagine the wheel speed. 

60rwKW is probably an easily achievable goal. I made 70kw at 10psi with the old tdo4l setup on a 4k.

On 5/1/2019 at 1:23 PM, Mechanical Sympathy said:

Glad to see this little sedan is finally getting the love.

It's a great shell, that came so close to being scrap.

Ive had to replace part of the passenger side chassis rail, and at least half of the drivers side due to rust, and its had a really hard hit in the rear before as I measured 15mm thick bog in places, although yes, it will see the road and not the scrappers!

On 5/4/2019 at 4:14 PM, kickn5k said:

What K are you using? Should s%$t it in with a 4 or 5k. that blown 5k I had made really close to 145hp at the wheels on 11psi. All it had was a blower cam, pot screw adjustment microwreck abacus oh and stupid low comp. The sc12 is probably a bit small for a cammed 1500 too.

Just weld the wastegate shut. Let it have everything and when the turbo grenades itself just chuck a $200 eBay China special that's a touch bigger on it.

Just a stock standard 4k, i'm led to believe its not that long since rebuild although appears to have been caned by the amount of blow by its producing! lol!

On 5/5/2019 at 10:34 AM, Taz_Rx said:

With the rate at which those things spool on a 4k, Stu.... I reckon it'll last maybe 2 or 3 boostings hahaha. I can only imagine the wheel speed. 

60rwKW is probably an easily achievable goal. I made 70kw at 10psi with the old tdo4l setup on a 4k.

That to me is awesome, i'm not holding my hopes too high as I don't want to be disappointed!! I will upload pictures of the engine when I get a chance to show you guys the mods that someone has made to the sump!!

Cheers for everyones interest!!! Great motivation!!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...