Tiger

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i don't know where your at tiger so i don't know the laws BUT the floor of a car is not classed as structual so you can cut it, HOWEVER any modification to a car requires eng. approval for rego (all of you who cut a new shifter hole in the floor for the 55 box in you ke10 take note) and you must carry a spare to pass rego

i have no idea yet what will work but i,ll be looking into it myself soon, maybe something like a falcon tank in the floor (it has a spare wheel well built in) sitting in a stainless steel dummy drop tank, doesnt leave much room for the exaust but

Explorijng the 626 idea does seem like

an alternative.

Check on the regs about drop tanks.

I know at onetime Vicroads(Boos and hisses)

were pretty strict on them.

The donut gas tank is a good idea. That way

you can pull out the petrol tank and fit the

spare and a sub!

p.s. Surprised noone has had a serios go at this?

Edited by SLOTH Snr

:) -Isn't it that you don't need a spare anymore as long as you have a repair kit??

Cause apparently the new Mini's have a repair kit cause they can't fit a spare in it. Plus most car company's are incorporating those crappy annoying "Space savers" into their new car boot designs.

Jon.

Ever since I got into Car Audio, my spare wheel became either Tyreweld or 24 Hour Roadside Assistance :) So I wanted to somehow fill that void in the boot you humans call a spare wheel well! :)

Make it into a sub enclosure :)

A bit out of left field this one but how about twin tanks. One each side in the quarter panels like the old Mini Coopers. Then you could run twin fillers and keep everyone guessing

Edited by coln72

if you wanted to have a spare wheel you could get a space saver and modify the wheel well so it wasnt as deep. then get a fuel tank made around that. I'm sure your brother in lay could make a tank with a big dent in it.

cheers