Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fuel Tank Relocating On A 55

Featured Replies

this may saound dumb...but a 626 rear wheel drive fuel tank wuld be a good one :D

  • Replies 45
  • Views 40k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Forget the boot tiger....just take the back seat out, and fill that area up with stereo :D

i don't know where your at tiger so i don't know the laws BUT the floor of a car is not classed as structual so you can cut it, HOWEVER any modification to a car requires eng. approval for rego (all of you who cut a new shifter hole in the floor for the 55 box in you ke10 take note) and you must carry a spare to pass rego

i have no idea yet what will work but i,ll be looking into it myself soon, maybe something like a falcon tank in the floor (it has a spare wheel well built in) sitting in a stainless steel dummy drop tank, doesnt leave much room for the exaust but

  • Author

Mods will be made AFTER rego obviously... but yeah, I figured it'd require engineering afterwards.

 

Coolage! I know what I'm doing now :)

Explorijng the 626 idea does seem like

an alternative.

Check on the regs about drop tanks.

I know at onetime Vicroads(Boos and hisses)

were pretty strict on them.

The donut gas tank is a good idea. That way

you can pull out the petrol tank and fit the

spare and a sub!

 

p.s. Surprised noone has had a serios go at this?

Edited by SLOTH Snr

  • Author

That's why I'm making a serious inquiry about it!

I'm liking the gas in the spare wheel well idea... I'll run these past the RTA now that I have some idea of it all.

:) -Isn't it that you don't need a spare anymore as long as you have a repair kit??

 

Cause apparently the new Mini's have a repair kit cause they can't fit a spare in it. Plus most car company's are incorporating those crappy annoying "Space savers" into their new car boot designs.

 

Jon.

  • Author

Ever since I got into Car Audio, my spare wheel became either Tyreweld or 24 Hour Roadside Assistance :) So I wanted to somehow fill that void in the boot you humans call a spare wheel well! :)

Make it into a sub enclosure :)

 

A bit out of left field this one but how about twin tanks. One each side in the quarter panels like the old Mini Coopers. Then you could run twin fillers and keep everyone guessing

Edited by coln72

if you wanted to have a spare wheel you could get a space saver and modify the wheel well so it wasnt as deep. then get a fuel tank made around that. I'm sure your brother in lay could make a tank with a big dent in it.

 

cheers

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.