My Ke70 Project

r47107

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Prediction : You will miss the 4K-C the second time you replace the spun bottom end bearings :thumbsup:

Bottom end bearing. which one be more specific nick. I heard that CA18 got really good engine but the internal bearing not last long, how come?

Good oil and good filter check the oil weekly like you should with any car and don't rev the tits of it and it should be sweet. Most of these motors are ten years old+ so thats why they normally spin bearings or are reved too hard.

it go in the ke70 no worries just modify engine cross member brackets and make custom gearbox x/member.

As for the shaft you talk about. I think you mean the tailshaft take the front yoke from the back of the gearbox and your old tailshaft and go to a drive shaft shop and they ll use them to make a new one piece number. they ll tell you where to measure from so they can make it the right lenght (normally diff flange to seal face on the g/box and and diff flange to end of the spline on g/box)

Goodluck keep us posted!!

Up-date now the engine has been taked out for rebuild :lolcry: . The GB is now waiting for the new clutch set. Damn quite hard to find the clutch set for CA :) . Do u guys know what the part no. or any compatible marque can be used?

The engine now is ready for rebuild and check, parts that still can be used will be use due to budget constraint. Onli the leaking seals will be replace :lolcry: .

The picture will be available tomorrow, promise.

Over hear in australia, exedy/daikin are a common clutch brand. Or if you got the $$ OS Geikin are the bomb. Other than that you can go custom or even reface the original.

I recommend replacing the bottom end bearings :) and new rings/gaskets/seal etc. Just to be safe, besides its cheap insureance.