Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Corolla Dx - Ke70

Featured Replies

Finally I got around to take some pics. I'm a swedish KE70 owner who bought the car about a month ago. It's so far pretty much stock, but some changes are slowley begining at happen (it's a bit hard to get cool parts here.. :( ).

 

 

 

bilbak6fj.th.jpg

The back side. A new exhaust is on it's way.

 

bilfram4tk.th.jpg

The front side. Looks a lot better without the toyota logo

 

bilprofil1vg.th.jpg

The profile. Two doors is plenty.

 

bilinne2ls.th.jpg

The inside.

 

bilinne28sw.th.jpg

The inside again, with my newly installed tacho.

 

That's all folks (for this time).

 

// Hoss

Quite a few euros on here now. Nice car dude.

 

Can you confirm if the sweddish spec rollas had a t series diff stock? Or is it just bigger drums than us aussies.

 

Oh yair, got plans for this baby?

Hello Hoss

 

Looks good your ride. That is pretty well kept, you don't see many that are so clean. Hov much have it driven? What are your plans?

 

Regards Dennis

:( looks very good!

 

I've noticed that there doesn't exist many red ke70's?

 

so, what are the plans? 4A-GE?

 

Can you confirm if the sweddish spec rollas had a t series diff stock? Or is it just bigger drums than us aussies.

only te71 gt got t series with 9" drums, ke70 got 8"

Edited by David

  • Author

Thanks guys!

 

It has only driven 80000 km. I bought it from an uncle who bought it new in 1982, and done all the services and really kept it tip top.

 

The plans for the body are not that big, just the "classics", new rims, lowering springs, new exhaust, remove the stripes etc. Just want it to look clean and nothing "over the top" And most important, to keep it in good shape.

 

And I would like to do some stuff with the enigine, but my knowledges in that area aint that good. But I'll guess I'll have to learn :(

 

An 4A-GE might be in the long term plans, but not for now, just wanna get the old 4K-C moving some. I've read the FAQ about the K-engine and scouting the net for info, so I have some ideas about what should be done. The problem here in Sweden is the "funny" parts, like cams, carburators etc. is hard to find. But the search will go on... :thumbsup:

 

If you have some ideas, that ain't to complicated, feel free to let me know :D

 

Have a good day

// Hoss

Here in Denmark, we have a company that can regrind the cam to any specified value. That could be a possibility, depending on the costs (which I don't know). You can try to contact them, they are called Westspeed

 

Regards Dennis

I wonder if 4 door KE70's are worth heaps over there hehe

 

hehe, I don't think so

 

there isn't many ke70 left in norway, and most of them are 2 doors, I guess it's the same for denmark, sweden and finland too

norway and sweden didn't get any ae86, but now it's popular to import them from denmark

  • Author

Went to my local dealer of car stuff today and came home with this:

 

avgas7zs.th.jpg

 

My plans are to change the whole exhaust system, but this will do until I get the parts I need...

  • Author

So, the exhausttip is in it's place. I think improved the look alot compared to the original "straw".

 

avgasmont17sx.th.jpg

 

And a closeup

avgasmont123vm.th.jpg

 

 

I also did a oil transfusion and changed the fanbelt. It actually went a lot smother than I tought, beeing a totally newbe to car mechanics.

A good way to learn is to have someone who knows what they're doing mechanical-wise and get them to watch over you.

 

OR

 

You do what i did and mess around, make mistakes and learn from them.

 

Nice car by the way. Very very clean :monkey:

Edited by Raven

  • Author
A good way to learn is to have someone who knows what they're doing mechanical-wise and get them to watch over you.

 

OR

 

You do what i did and mess around, make mistakes and learn from them.

 

Nice car by the way. Very very clean

 

Thanks!!

 

Yeah, I try to learn as I go along and so far so good :monkey: And in the worst case I can always call my brother who is the car genius in the family.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.