Registering A 5k

Hey guys.

Just wanted to know whether anyone has had any trouble regestering a rolla with a stock 4k to a 5k. I'm planning on working a pretty nice 5k through my work and was wondering if registering it could be a problem. My ke55 came with a 4k-c so i don't know whether any emission control would screw my plan up?. As its not the easiest thing to find out through government sites i was wondering if you fellas would be of any help.

Cheers

Members dont see this ad

As far as engine size goes: don't quote me on this but i think anything less than a 25% increase in capacity just requires an engine change form. No inspection or anything...

give transportSA a ring and let us know :monkey:

Edited by ROL-110

A 5K is too much bigger than a 4K to just be able to register.

Technically (in most states) it will need to be engineered.

And when you go to get the rego check they will write the engine number down, which will start with a 5K...and they will know something is up.

As far as engine size goes: don't quote me on this but i think anything less than a 25% increase in capacity just requires an engine change form. No inspection or anything...

give transportSA a ring and let us know :faq:

I thought it was 20% but even as low as 20% a 5k is fine. If you are going to call in make sure you ring Regency as the other branches are clueless to this sort of stuff

The forum wont let me upload any pics to this topic for some reason, so here's some external links for ya.

Engineers - Adelaide - Page 1

Engineers - Adelaide - Page 2

Enjoy!

I recommend Rory Thompson. Awesome guy, but don't waste his time unless you got money to back it up cos he can pick time-wasters from the guys who want to get something engineered.

Edited by Raven

• 3 weeks later...

Hell I told the RACV that I had a twin carbed 5K and it wasnt a problem. They just asked me if it went faster and I said "dunno" :)

Even had to correct VICRoads as thay stuffed up the engine number, the tosser didnt want to look clase as he might get dirty.

Edited by coln72