4a-c Sohc

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but for the hassle it isnt worth it and you need all the pulleys off the front of the motor

and i believe the 4age run a stronger block and better internals don't they?

Apparently they are the same internals as the series 1 (blue & black top) 4AGE.

you cannot kill a K motor, even when theyre rooted they still go.

i CANNOT believe how much crap my old 4K went through and how bad it was running by the time i got rid of it, and the fact that it still moved the car!

so is the general concensus that a 4AC unreliable? or just unreliable in comparison to a K motor...?

i don't know how you could come to the conclusion that a 4a-c engine is unreliable , i've got 1 sitting at my mum and dads, have been paddock bashing it for 6 months and haven't had to change a thing on the engine in that time, the thing just keeps on going ( much like the 4k ke70 that was used before it ) .

a reco'd 4a-c has alright power for the fuel economy from my experience, you may disagree.

Andrew

i don't know how you could come to the conclusion that a 4a-c engine is unreliable , i've got 1 sitting at my mum and dads, have been paddock bashing it for 6 months and haven't had to change a thing on the engine in that time, the thing just keeps on going ( much like the 4k ke70 that was used before it ) .

a reco'd 4a-c has alright power for the fuel economy from my experience, you may disagree.

Andrew

Well there is only one way to know for sure, test drive!

i'll just go to a car yard and try out an AE71 (to cheap ase to buy it) :thumbsup: