Ryan's Toy3tg Te72 Project

TOY3TG

hey all, just thought id start putting up info and pics on my project T-18 as i go along. the plans are to put in a fresh 3TGTE twin cam turbo just rebuilt, using a CT26 turbo, 450X300intercooler, and other neccesary mods inc 3inch exhaust, suspension upgrade etc, new wheels, a respray in blueprint blue, and some new wheels and interior revamp.

when i first got it parked next to my mates mazda cap which now runs a 13BT.

i brought the car with a stock 3T-C the 13X7 westerns on it as my first car when i was 17 and drove it around like that for a year or so.

all i have done is chops the springs put a new steerer on it and give it a tidy up and service it now and then, the 3T-C is a bloody long lasting engine with nothing gone wrong with it since ive had it and still pulls ok for a completely stock 2 door corolla. Ive always seen T-18s with 3T turbos 3TG N/A hybrids and 3TGT's and always loved the twin spark twin cam turbo model and when my mate told me he had one at his workshop i picked it up as soon as i could at a good price with a spun big end bearing, it just didnt come with the proper wiring and no computers.

post-1673-1150203821_thumb.jpg

when i got the engine.

post-1673-1150203904_thumb.jpg

the engine had done little work in its life and the bores were pretty much perfect just the big end problem so it was time for me take it apart and get the crank ground by my mates dad a qualified engine builder he put over size bearings for that journal and std for the rest, i supplied the gasket kit from SW motorsport and a set of rings which were the wrong ones :thumbsup: so he used rings from a motor which use the same rings. the factory pistons and rods were left as they are. the head was reco'd and it was given a fresh coat of paint he put it back together and will be tops when its going.

post-1673-1150204089_thumb.jpg

while the engine was apart i polished the timing cover up pretty good to make it look a bit more respectable.

ive been gradually getting parts together for the conversion, i picked up a W55 5 speed, fuel pump, intercooler, and various other parts, i will be doing all the basic preperation so i can still drive the car around b4 the motor goes in, like relocation battery to boot, fitting intercooler, setting up fuel system, making the CT26 fit, etc etc.

i started measuring up the intercooler to mount it last night and today fitted it with its brackets in the best spot, it fits extremely well in the front of the T18 and is fairly sleeper style if i put the grill back in, and nothing needed to be cut except when i do the holes tomorrow for the piping.

ill update as i make more progress which is usually when i get paid lol :cool:

post-1673-1150204433_thumb.jpg

post-1673-1150205051.jpg

Edited by TOY3TG

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

AAAAAhhh think I know who you are now, thats the green piston capella with the vinyl roof right??? had a chat to you at symmonds that time after the rotor cruise. I've got the white 4 door rx4, 13b bridgy now.

oh,......nice car btw. haha.

yeah thats not me thats my mate brad i didnt go to that cruise as i didnt have my RX then, he has since had a 13BT in it then it blew up just got a freshly built large extend port 13B turbo s4 rotors. all new parts should make 210+ rwkw with std turbo. has got a cage and race seats in and good suspension, now rolling on 15X7 and 15X8 B45 simmons.

heres a pic of it with his old gold B45 no engine in, now has wider charcoal grey B45's.

post-1673-1150279742_thumb.jpg

new engine, housings have since been polished which took him ages.

post-1673-1150279610_thumb.jpg :thumbsup:

this is my RX7 with daytona kit, i love it.

post-1673-1150280761_thumb.jpg

Edited by TOY3TG

rodney jane racers 17X7 sorry they don't make em anymore, yeah they are ok i don't own them but I'm looking at a set of 17's there are plenty that look better than those, either that or a set of 15x8 challengers. my mate is selling these wheels though for 700bucks with new tyres 205/40/17 and 235/5017 rear, u need hub adaptors though to fit on rwd toyota. yeah I'm daytona81

was that your RX7 that got burnt out? with the 14inch globes/challengers? sorry to hear about taht mate, yeah if i find them around ill let u know but I'm not in with the car stealing bogans for that area down here so i wouldnt get the offer to buy them, i was so pissed off when i hurd about that it made my skin crawl to think someone did that to an RX7 and took the parts?, nah i get all my wheels from my brother he works at bob jane ill let him know so if someone trys to sell them to him second hand he wont take em and report it to the cops maybe.

they would be the wrong stud pattern, plus i want at least 15inch lol, in all seriousness though that sux about what happened and if i find anything out ill let u kno.

Edited by TOY3TG

that capella is nice, saw it out at baskerville once up on the hill, it had superlite style wheels on it then , has the bloke still got them/wanna sell them???

nice t18 by the way i see it most mornings driving over the top of waverly street, its nice and low

cheers james

Are the challengers the one I'm thinking of that look similar to a simmons rim?

If so 15" in that style would look hot, way better than those 17's in the photo's too. 15" is just the right size whatever rims you get.

Top ride.