June 19, 200620 yr comment_124195 Hey guys, i just want everyones opinion on what they think about a sunroof on a KE30?? I've had some people tell me yes and no. So now i want Rollaclubs opinion!! :) thanks, Jon. **EDIT** Has anyone seen it before?? How does it look?? Edited June 19, 200620 yr by JiP_01 Report
June 19, 200620 yr comment_124227 my aunty had one in her ke35, it was cool but that was a long time ago and can't really give details after market sun roofs can take away from the rigidity (spelling?) of the car, not that a 30 year old car is that rigid any way, maybe somthing to ponder on Report
June 19, 200620 yr comment_124230 its up to you dude i think sunrooves are wicked... if you think it'd look good on your car then get it done, don't worry about other people's opinions. i have never seen it done to a ke30 so thats another good reason to... Report
June 19, 200620 yr comment_124236 My old KE30 with the sunroof fitted. I still have the sunroof sitting here and i bought the car like that. Report
June 19, 200620 yr comment_124239 I actually think it depends on what colour the car is..... for example, a black sunroof on a metallic pink or green car would look completely out of place (externally), whereas on a yellow car like yours, it would be excellent.. Also, if you don't have alot of black on your car, it would also look out of place... So in other words, go for it.. nice darkly tinted sunroof, would be f@$king sweet... IMHO Dan. Report
June 20, 200620 yr Author comment_124323 Well all my windows would be tinted with the darkest leagal tint. In my mind i keep thinking that a sunroof would look great on a hardtop compaired to a sedan. I'm gonna take a pic of my sisters car, with her sunroof, and paste the sunroof onto a pic of my car to see. Edited June 20, 200620 yr by JiP_01 Report
June 20, 200620 yr comment_124326 Some sunroofs actually help make the car more rigid, due to having a substantial frame around them (which is much stiffer than a single sheet of metal). Be cautious (esp with a car like a KE3x that doesn't have much headroom to start) that you may end up with less headroom. Report
June 20, 200620 yr Author comment_124330 :) -I feel i'm fine for headroom, and i'm quite tall. I just feel sorry for my passengers in the back cause i leave them no leg space. :lolcry: Report
June 20, 200620 yr Author comment_124390 :) -Okay, i played with paint for a couple minutes. The compuer is playing up and has been for some time now, so i couldn't work on the details. I think its time to format. :lolcry: It just got a hell of alot worse. Report
June 20, 200620 yr comment_124391 I would sit it a bit further back as you don't want 100% sun shining down on you all through summer. Report
June 20, 200620 yr comment_124397 yeah i dunno if thats an issue (sun shining down) as an owner of a sunroof its fair to say it doesn't matter, if its tinted... Report
June 20, 200620 yr comment_124429 Make sure its done properly, by someone who is qualified. I had one in my old KE36, it had been there for a while (10+ years), but it was a leaky muthaf...ing c.nt of a thing!!! I'd advise don't do it, but if you must, pay the good $$, get a guarantee on workmanship, it'll probably be fine. Unless its factory fitted, I wil NEVER have a sunroof in a car again!! Report
June 20, 200620 yr comment_124462 i would advise against it, i put one in the cricket 6 years ago and it's starting to leak, it's SUPPOSED to have a lifetime warranty, but there's a whole lotta crap i gota go through to fix it it's got a really dark tint on it, but the sun shines through it negating the a/c. don't do it man Report
June 22, 200620 yr comment_124663 one of my mates ex girlfriends had a solid (steal) sunroof in her n12 pulsar, it popped up and was also fully removable, one of these still sunroofs would stop all problems with the sun when you didn't want it blearing in it would aslo be the same colour as the car (appart from the seal) Report
June 22, 200620 yr Author comment_124693 :) I just saw a guy that I work with today. He has a sunroof in his. Looks factory. But has an internal skin, so to speak. That could be handy. I'm still undecided. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now