5k In Ke70

mitch13

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never had an issue though it is a pissy kittle Facet thing. Factory twins actually performed better when I fitted the electric pump.

Apart from air locks in the fuel system, there was never a prob when running a Holley red either.

well from what i belive, there isnt much in the way of diffrences between a 4k and 5k exept for the extra 200cc. you would get slightly more toque and power but not $500+ worth i don't think. i know a guy with a ke70 only has a 4 speed. but he has put on a desent set of extractors and full exhust (now a webber) minor suspension work and a set of 15x7 wheels and that thing gose off its tits!!! personaly i would go with the 4k, they are a lot cheaper to replace if need be. if you where going to swap for a k series i would go for the bigger 7k.

but as i said, healthy 4k with extractors and a carb or twin carbs, maybe a cam, wouldnt go too bad at all. may not get sideways in the dry but in the wet it would be all on.

i think some peolple on here are a bit anti drift :P

Ok, all... I picked up a KE70 on the weekend and it goes damn well. Finally realised why people spend money on these engines.

Thing is, I think it might be a 5k but not positive how to check?

I checked the lugs on the head and it has them below 1 and 4 spark plug. But now what? Where is the engine number on the block?

Cheers! :P

The number is in big numbers on the side of the block. It has its own little ledge so its hard to miss. Sorry i don't have a pic to show you.

Thanks, thought it'd be obvious... was a bit hidden under shiteload of grease and the verdict isssss...

4K :P

Still goes damn well though! Very impressed.