How Many Km's Can You Get Out Of A 4k??

JiP

depends how much city driving you do

in a ke70 it isnt all that much better due to the 5speeds having a shorter diff ratio. mine still sits on 3200 at 110, 3800 @130 and 3000 @ 100

don't know if that makes sense mathematicallly but thats around what it does

4000 is a bit over 140 but where i was testing this the private road highway exit was giving out to a sharp corner so didnt have time to check it properly

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah 6k rpm aint good for economy

but i getta betta economy from openin throttle and goin to 4.5k rather than half or less throttle and changing ~3k

must be coz less time spent at partial, more time cruising

Junior sedan restricted standard carby, head, ignition bored 60 thou 3k K40 and 4.5 diff 1L for 2.6 km

usually reving between 5500- 7000 every race

Edited by lappy

depends how much city driving you do

in a ke70 it isnt all that much better due to the 5speeds having a shorter diff ratio. mine still sits on 3200 at 110, 3800 @130 and 3000 @ 100

don't know if that makes sense mathematicallly but thats around what it does

4000 is a bit over 140 but where i was testing this the private road highway exit was giving out to a sharp corner so didnt have time to check it properly

in my ke 70 if i redline in first i can get to a grand old 32kph

on 3800 at 100kph, it prety piss poor.

so i'm going to put a t-18 diff in to her with a 3:9

;)

I went to Sydney the other month from Dubbo, which is about a 400km trip up and down the mountains and then got lost in Sydney for 4 hours driving around on one tank, so go figure.

I sympathise for those who don't have a fuel light, I don't have one either and my guages intermittenly stuff up!!

i have a 5k with 4spd 4.37 diff standard motor with single 1.75su carb and 36L gets me ~330k's spend most of my time to and from work on the motorway at 120k so i'm guessing thats about 3900???????

wen i have turbo on there i tend not to look at k's v's Litres because its a bit sad :dance: