How Many Km's Can You Get Out Of A 4k??

JiP

:) -Hey, I'm testing my 4K for a mate that wants to know how many km's you can get out of a full tank.

So I only just got my fuel guage working perminatly like a couple weeks ago.

What i'm really wanting to know is how far down does the needle drop till its empty and how many Km's is good for a 4K??

So far my reconn'd 4K has gone 425.5Km's and is currently roughly 2mm above the E mark. Thats with a K40 behind it while doing alot of stop/start city driving and a third highway driving and abit over.

Also does it make a differance if you use regular or preimium?? Cause i used 98 octaine unleaded at $1.50p/ltr.

thanks,

Jon.

Edited by JiP_01

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last tank I did 8.7L/100 K, tank before was 9L/100K tank before that was 10L/100K.

And I didn't think I changed my driving style too much, so I dunno. Only thing is haven't really been strapping it out cause the clutch is a bit fubar so thats probably it. More relaxed driving due to clutch. :)

edit: KE70 with stock un reco 4K 170 thou on motor and K40 behind it.

Edited by Killswitch

I travelled 100 to 115 Km on 12.5 L of unleaded. Seems a little bit too much. Hobart driving.

I was pretty easy on the accelerator, hardly ever went up to 4000 rpm, and rolled down hills in neutral when ever I could.

The lowest I've had the fuel gauge was when the needle was just on the tip of the E

Bruce

:) -hmmm, Fuel light. that would be a great thing to have. :(

Working fuel gauge would be a great thing to have. Filled her up today with 98, going to let it run for 200-300km then fill up fully, see how much it takes and then just base a mental fuel gauge off that, until the current one gets fixed

;) Heres an Update.

My fuel was at the "E" line and i had to travel to my sisters. So i went to fuel up. Since my car has a 50Ltr tank, i found out how much is left at the "E" mark. Its 10Ltrs cause i could only put in 40Ltrs. So every quarter is 10Ltrs. There's an interesting fact.

So the end result is 450ish. (I forgot to look when i filled up) It could have gone further cause of the extra 10Ltrs.

Edited by JiP_01

yeah, 10 litres after light comes on

light comes on at the e mark

ive got jus over 100 km with fuel light on before running out haha

in the ke70 4k k50 I'm stuffed gettin better than 10l/100km ;)