madtoy308

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey guys...ive decided to use either 2 speed powerglide or turbo 350....and its for the drags,but I'm thinking street car looking as much as possible...going to keep it untubbed,just going to fit biggest tyre possible!!!

How come your thinking of using the older trans, wouldn't the newer ones that come with the gen 3 be stronger and have more parts available?

I reckon you should at least go mini tubs, you'll have no chance of traction without tubs :lock_folder:

is it just for burnouts or drag?

hey guys,going with a older box cause there cheaper to rebuild than a new turbo 700 that came with motor...and its for the drags,a 4speed auto is gay!!! I'm setting the rear end up like murray kiethers ke 20...its worlds quickest untubbed rotary street car and its here in west oz...keep you posted..oh and yes turbos are now 500+ hp each... also I'm seriously considering bringing madtoy over to east coast for powercruise,springnats...the car will be left in storage in penrith..still planning it though...cya

Yep. They sure did. 35,000k's on an R8 Clubsport i drove and it burnt oil, had tappet rattle, and not to mention the awful sounds from the power steering. :P

Edited by Raven

Sorry it's hard to include sarcasm in these forums. saying that my uncle had 2 of em an they seemed to take a thrashing. Then it only took him 26,000 k's to get his xr6 turbs needin a rebuild. Seems to me as though the holden is atleast a better base than a ford. :P.

Edited by Beau-Jangles